some info on dynatech headers

Quik

worked with a set today and found out the pipes are tiny ass hell. we measured the tubing and it came out to 2 1/4". that is in no way adequate for anything with HP. and for the price they offer thats just some small shit

worked with a set today and found out the pipes are tiny ass hell. we measured the tubing and it came out to 2 1/4". that is in no way adequate for anything with HP. and for the price they offer thats just some small shit

wow quik,

thats smaller then they advertise at 2.5" which is still small to begin with.

i did a lot of research and figuring out the pro's and cons of a few different headers and it seemed to me, that if i did'nt want a speed bumb in my future modding, that i would want the 3" collectors on the pacesetters. thats what i ended up with, so i got a full 3" duel system.

and like you said for that price you would expect more out of them... i think for some reason they gained a rep as being the easiest to install which they are but it is'nt that much more trouble to hook up anything else, and also that they have superior qaulity (maybe you have experiance with them and pacesetters?) but i don't think it make's up for what you sacrifice in power and expense either. me and rivierakid were just kinda debating about this, and everyone is entitled to there oppinion and there preference, and it's all cool now. i think a lot of people thought just becasue they were more expensive that they must be better.

you could read that topic to see what i'm talking about "smog legal LT's (almost legal)" or something like that the topic say's?.

post back here and let me know what you think about all of it and also if you have compared any other headers, which are best and why?.. i know you've done a lot of wrenchin so maybe you can help straighten some of this out?.

thanks in advance :thumbs:

dynatech is a true bolt in header setup and was one of the first complete setups. ppl think they are great deal and they are nice for a lightly modded or bolt on application but for serious power they just are not there

i have only delt with pacesettlers on fbodys and they fit and work but are cheap.

most headers are the same when comes to power except when how actual long the tubes are. as for you post i didnt look cause i dont worry about smog legal

dynatech is a true bolt in header setup and was one of the first complete setups. ppl think they are great deal and they are nice for a lightly modded or bolt on application but for serious power they just are not there

i have only delt with pacesettlers on fbodys and they fit and work but are cheap.

most headers are the same when comes to power except when how actual long the tubes are. as for you post i didnt look cause i dont worry about smog legal

it was'nt my post, me and riv were just discussing the differences in that topic, he thought the pacesetters were inferior i think the dynatechs are way overpriced and limited in there performance. we did'nt bring up the smog part. well, anyway if you choose not to read it thats fine. i would like to know in what way were the pacesetters cheap on the f-bodys?... is it the gauge of the steel, thin flanges, prone to leaks, sloppy welds?, :dunno: sorry about all the Q's but i'm just curious.