WHAT SHOULD I BE ASKING FOR MY TRUCK?

jakerz

i've got a 2003 silverado ss w/75k miles. standard factory stuff plus spray-on bedliner, flowmaster exhaust, chrome speed mesh grill, tune for less, and silverstar headlights.

you can follow this link for pics:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31773

i just need to lower my overhead and i owe about $26,500 on the truck i was thinking somewhere around $24-25k... refinancing is not an option, i need to sell to an individual. please help me out here guys!!

-jake

Edited by jakerz (see edit history)

you probably arent going to like this but here's the reality of it.

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pickup SS Extended Cab Short Bed

Private Party Value

Excellent

$19,240

Good

$17,920

Fair

$16,225

Vehicle Highlights

Mileage: 75,000

Engine: V8 6.0 Liter

Transmission: Automatic

Drivetrain: AWD

Selected Equipment Change Equipment

Standard

Air Conditioning Cruise Control ABS (4-Wheel)

Power Steering AM/FM Stereo Leather

Power Windows Cassette Dual Power Seats

Power Door Locks Single Compact Disc

Tilt Wheel Dual Front Air Bags

Optional

Premium Sound OnStar Oversize Wheels 20"+

Blue Book Private Party Value

Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History Excellent

$19,240

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good

$17,920

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair

$16,225

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Poor

N/A

"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value. Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of cars in this category varies greatly.

* California 3/20/2007

Accurate Condition AppraisalChange Condition Accurately appraising the condition of a vehicle is an important aspect in determining its Blue Book value. Taking our 16 question condition quiz will ensure you know the correct condition rating.

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

© 2007 Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Mar-Apr 2007 Edition. The specific information required to determine the value for this particular vehicle was supplied by the person generating this report. Vehicle valuations are opinions and may vary from vehicle to vehicle. Actual valuations will vary based upon market conditions, specifications, vehicle condition or other particular circumstances pertinent to this particular vehicle or the transaction or the parties to the transaction. This report is intended for the individual use of the person generating this report only and shall not be sold or transmitted to another party. Kelley Blue Book assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. (v.07034) advertisement

advertisement

About Us Careers FAQ & Contact Us Site Map Media Center Advertising Buy the Book Privacy Policy Copyright & Trademarks © 1995-2007 Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.

i was thinking more like 5 dollars to me :jester: but look around town and see how things are priced up if you see a used ss for sale look at it compare and base it off that. I know that alaska asks more for 4 wheel drive vehicles due to the extended summer and you cant even buy a brand new rwd truck up here unless you special order or not that i have see one for sale. I havnt even seen a 06 silverado ss in this part of ak.

kid55- i've seen that price on kbb.com and then i've seen $26k on nada.com so maybe i should ask for something in the middle. like $23-24k???? would that be reasonable?

theres only one other ss truck running around in this area. (that i've seen) i'm running around town now with $25k written on the windows. i get alot of looks but i've only had 1 phone call. i've really only had it up "for sale" for about a week now. i'll give it time.

Edited by jakerz (see edit history)

kid55- i've seen that price on kbb.com and then i've seen $26k on nada.com so maybe i should ask for something in the middle. like $23-24k???? would that be reasonable?

theres only one other ss truck running around in this area. (that i've seen) i'm running around town now with $25k written on the windows. i get alot of looks but i've only had 1 phone call. i've really only had it up "for sale" for about a week now. i'll give it time.

really it just depends on how fast you want to sell it. if you were a buyer would you use nada or kbb as your guide going into a private party sale knowing that one was over 6k higher than the other? obviously if you are a seller, nada looks like a heck of a lot better starting point than kbb. best bet is probably in the middle.

on a side note, im not trying to rag on you at all. ive been upside down in more than one vehicle in my life and it isnt a picnic at all. i hope it works out for you either way.

Just thought I would throw this out there. The most recent truck I saw for sale was a black, 2003 with 62K mile. Nothing aftermarket that I could tell and they were asking $22,000. Figured I would throw that out there for you. Good luck with selling the truck.

Check ebay completed items to see what people are actually selling them for. You can also go the ebay route for selling. Last time I sold a car with ebay, it was $25 to list the vehicle and an additional $25 if it sold. They don't charge a $% on vehicles the way they do on regular items, so it's a lot of coverage for $50.

FWIW; A friend just sold his '04 "CA Edition" Silverado (not a SSS) with about 40k miles on it, extremely clean, and got $17.5k priv party.

When my 03 got traded in last august it had about 54k on it. The dealership gave 17k on the trade in and then they finally sold it after a couple of months. I then found it on ebay at a dealership in california for a buy it now of 23,995 but they ended the auction early and sold it locally. So the dealership was selling for a little less than 24k with about 20k less miles on it.