Centerline wheels SUCK

Hey i just wanted to tell everyone the service I'm getting from centerline rims right now. I ordered a set of rims like 2.5 weeks ago factory direct and I've been calling them 2 to 3 times a week to make sure i get the rims in time for racing, well i kept getting the in a couple of days line or call back Friday and they might be ready. Well i called last Friday and the guy said they are in shipping being boxed right now, so i just called today to make sure they shipped and the guy said at least 2 more weeks!!!!! I thought the f'ing things were in the mail. Well when they told me the first time they might ship on Friday i ordered my tires right away and now i have the damn tires sitting here and I'm afraid I'll never see the rims at this rate. I kind went off, and then asked for a manger.....and of coarse i was already talking to him....riiiiiight.

So I'm mad as hell that i won't have the rims ready to meet everyone coming to the track on the 31st.....guess i had to vent...and spread the word. Thanks for listening.

Later

Brad

Sorry to hear that man :shakehead: I can't understand why you would have been told that, any custom made set of wheels takes 6-7 weeks for manufacture, chroming, & delivery and they should have told you so. :dunno:

Mr. P.

That sucks. :banghead: If they are ready to be mailed it shouldn't take two more weeks. Did they have an excuse?

no excuse at all...i asked if i am first on the list to get them when the finally make them and they said i am third on the overall list. This is a new prototype rim for them that they jumped the gun on advertising. They can't seem to make them right yet but they are still taking orders. I was the third sucker in the world to order them. funny though, it only took 3 days for them to charge my credit card.

Thanks guys

Brad

Sorry to hear that man :shakehead: I can't understand why you would have been told that, any custom made set of wheels takes 6-7 weeks for manufacture, chroming, & delivery and they should have told you so. :dunno:

Mr. P.

On a side note: thanks again for the pics on the tranny cooler! I took it apart last weekend and got my game plan down. The cooler is at the anodizer right now, getting blue color to match the truck. I got the red 8n fittings to run braided line under the truck so you can't see the compression fittings. I also brought some extruded aluminum into my shop and milled it to size and some 30 degree angles on the ends to match the stock bracing, and that is also getting anodized. Can't wait to post pics.

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

so i tried to check the web site today and they no longer list the wheel i ordered.....they have the same style wheel but they are saying it is 24 pounds now. I book marked the original web page that had the description of what i ordered and the web page has been shut down.... :dunno:

So i haven't called them yet, but i'm thinking they advertised a 19 lbs 20" rim before they could make it 19lbs. Now they figured out it was impossible and up'ed the weight to 24 lbs.

So what can i do? I ordered a 19 lbs 20" rim, and they have kept me waiting almost 5 weeks. This is false advertising right? I'm not sure what they are going to do, just send me the 24 pound rim....or cancel my order and say sorry... :dunno: If they send me a 24 pound rim, they missed by like 21% :nono:

Brad

so i tried to check the web site today and they no longer list the wheel i ordered.....they have the same style wheel but they are saying it is 24 pounds now. I book marked the original web page that had the description of what i ordered and the web page has been shut down.... :dunno:

So i haven't called them yet, but i'm thinking they advertised a 19 lbs 20" rim before they could make it 19lbs. Now they figured out it was impossible and up'ed the weight to 24 lbs.

So what can i do? I ordered a 19 lbs 20" rim, and they have kept me waiting almost 5 weeks. This is false advertising right? I'm not sure what they are going to do, just send me the 24 pound rim....or cancel my order and say sorry... :dunno: If they send me a 24 pound rim, they missed by like 21% :nono:

Brad

If that's not what you ordered than cancel it and tell them to go to hell. :smash:

That seems to be how the wheel industry is when you custom order a set of wheels. The manufacturer doesn't care because if you like the wheel enough to order it weather it's a brand new proto type wheel or a custom one off wheel like mine, they figure your willing to wait. It took IForged 3 1/2 months to make my wheels.

just got off the phone with them...and turns out i was right. They could not make the 19 lbs limit. I told him if they missed by 21% i wanted 21% off my order and he said 4 times I'll just refund your money. I told him 4 times i don't want the refund, i want what i ordered, so after a lot of talking and asking for a manager(who i was talking to again), i got $100 bucks off the order and another week and half wait. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

no...no i have not. On Thursday he said they are guarantied to ship so they should be in the mail, but i heard that before to. As soon as i get them, i'll throw them on a scale and weigh em. Maybe take some pics if anyone is curious. My main concern is the ET drop i want to see.