tranny went bye bye

blktbon20s

That's amazing. I did automtic transmission repair at GM Hydra-matic for almost 11 years and never saw that happen. :confused: It was fairly common to see a cracked case but never saw one blow up like that. Wonder what caused it?

So that's the 4L70-E out of your Trailblazer SS??? Damn! That's the same tranny I have in my Vortec MAX. I don't like to see those broken. And that one is REALLY broken!

Sorry about your luck.

What were you doing when it went? Did you redline it in neutral and drop it in drive?

Mike

Its not my tranny. Its from a guy that has a TBSS. TBSS have been having lots of problems w/ the trannys and hopefully posting it on GM forums it could get to the hand of someone that could take action.

The guy said he got it back today and feels fine.

He was driving to the dealer since it was slipping, and before he got there he heard a big BANG, and that was the end of it

BTW-TEHOATIM thanks for the welcome

Edited by Black Beauty (see edit history)

TBSS have been having lots of problems w/ the trannys

This disturbs me. I plan to upgrade to a Radix, so I will be putting out more power than a Trailblazer, but with a heavier rig. My confidence in the 4L70-E is shaken.

Has anyone had theories about the cause of the problems? What are most TBSS owners doing when they crap out?

Mike