price on an used '06 ss

xlr82sxs

i came across an '06 silver birch metallic sss yesterday. it's fully loaded, minus the sunroof and has just over 7k on the odometer. they're asking nearly $28k for it. i think that's a little steep, don't you?

if that price seems right, i'm going to see if they can do $27k out the door. seem fair?

I bought the exact truck you are looking at about 6months ago from an individual for 23.5k with 6,000 miles on it. I thought it was a heck of a deal at the time.

J

Yeah you got a great deal. Offer lower as Krambo said and see what happens.

as soon as they get it into their inventory, the salesman is supposed to call me.. i think $27k out the door as a counter offer seemed fair aswell. so i'll stick with that. i know the truck wont last long on the lot. it's hard enough to find silver birch metallic ss's as it is.

:driving: Can you still find left overs out there. I can't see paying 28,000 for a used truck when for 2,000 or 3,000 more you

can get a new truck. Thats what I did I found a 06 intimidator SS and payed 28,900 in the end of Dec of 2006.

i payed a smidge less than that for mine new in sep06.

i just got back from the stealership. went and test drove the truck and was all giddy afterwards. the only thing i wasn't satisfied about was their ad. they said it was fully loaded, which it was to an extent. but it didn't come with steering wheel controls or on-star. also, i caught them raising the price after they had it advertised for $27.9k. they wanted $31.5k after i arrived at that stealership.

i asked why they had upped the price after i saw it advertised for $27.9k. they came back with, "that's what the dealership we bought it from had it advertised as." i tried getting that price to $27k otd, but the salesman(idiot) kept beating around the bush.

i feel sorry for the poor guy/gal who goes and purchases it from them. i think he/she's just as much of an idiot as they are.

i'm still on the market though if anyone knows of any in/near the dfw area. i don't think i'd have a problem traveling either, if the price is right.

as soon as they get it into their inventory, the salesman is supposed to call me.. i think $27k out the door as a counter offer seemed fair aswell. so i'll stick with that. i know the truck wont last long on the lot. it's hard enough to find silver birch metallic ss's as it is.

if the salesman call you, don't let him know how you feel about it. and don't stick with the $27k offer they will come back with $27.5 or something. remember they want your money not the truck taking up space on there lot, they will not turn you down as long as there making a profit.. and like they said above there not marking it up $1k they probably got it for $22-$24k depending on the guy that traded it.

I have to agree, with miles that low, the price sounds about right. Of course, make a lower offer first, all they can do is say no. Good Luck.

:withstupid: offer low like $23k then negotiate up, play it cool and i would bet my life you don't spend a dollar more then $26k more then likely you get it for $24-$25k if you play your cards right and even tell them that there is another your looking at in red with similar mileage and there asking $26k and you know you can get that a little cheaper, you just prefer silver but your not going to pay more for it they can't prove it and won't want to lose your sale to a competitor that should help.

my uncle was a car salesman at one point in his life, so i know a lot about how it works. in the end it's up to you, i'm just trying to save you a few grand. :thumbs:

edit: i left my pc while i was still typing this up, and finished just now to see you already took a pass. anyway, next time be cool and don't get all giddy it will literaly save you thousands if you act cool, firm, and not anxious at all. think about my advise next time and remmber there going to try to rip every penny out of you, your only making it fair by not telling them the whole truth either.

Edited by 2006_SUPERADO (see edit history)

i just got back from the stealership. went and test drove the truck and was all giddy afterwards. the only thing i wasn't satisfied about was their ad. they said it was fully loaded, which it was to an extent. but it didn't come with steering wheel controls or on-star. also, i caught them raising the price after they had it advertised for $27.9k. they wanted $31.5k after i arrived at that stealership.

i asked why they had upped the price after i saw it advertised for $27.9k. they came back with, "that's what the dealership we bought it from had it advertised as." i tried getting that price to $27k otd, but the salesman(idiot) kept beating around the bush.

i feel sorry for the poor guy/gal who goes and purchases it from them. i think he/she's just as much of an idiot as they are.

i'm still on the market though if anyone knows of any in/near the dfw area. i don't think i'd have a problem traveling either, if the price is right.

the best way to get the lowest price is usually through the General Manager of the dealership. but heres what you should do:

when talking to the sales men you ask him to see the paper work from the dealership that shows the absolute lowest they can sell it for. i forgot the technical term its something like "manufacturers seller price" something like that.

when you ask the sales man to see that paper work he will say hes not allowed to show it or some BS, which is a lie, tell him that you're done with him and he just lost the sale and you want to talk to the GM. he HAS to get the GM and the GM has to show you the paper work. it will show how much they paid for the car and whats the lowest they can sell it for.

and thats it my friend. i went with my ex-girlfriend when she was buying her car, and she got it just like that WAY lower than sticker price. good luck