FYI, 1" Addco rear bar on sale at Summit for $70.50!

I purchased what I "thought" was a 1.5: rear sway from Summit last week, but it was the FRONT bar. I went back today to check and the rear bar in gold annodized was on sale for $70.50!!! Shipped to my door was $81.45!!! Anyone that has ever thought about adding a rear bar or both, get on it man!!!

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Looks like a good price. Did it make a big difference?

Just ordered it today. Rear sway bar is what this thing needs BAD from the factory. Pushed to it's limits, the front end scrubs like a MoFo. It needs the rear bar to bring it back closer to neutral.

Summit says it only fits 2WD models and not the SS...better double check...

The only reason it would fit a 2wd and not a 4wd is because of the ride height vs. end link length. Anyone with a lowered suspension would/should make those adjustments with a swaybar anyway if they want it to work right. That doesn't matter for me anyway because I'm going with solid rod ends and adjustable mounts.

Right, which is fine, but you dont want some noob ordering it and it not work out. It wouldnt work for my stock ride height SS.

Yes, it should work fine fore stock ride height as the 2wd without lift blocks (like the 4wd trucks have) are the same rear ride height as an SS.

Yes, it should work fine fore stock ride height as the 2wd without lift blocks (like the 4wd trucks have) are the same rear ride height as an SS.

hey bnoon,

i have an 06 V-max "performance package" truck not the "performance edition" the difference is the suspension is identical to the SS on the "edition" and mine was as high as a 4x4 when i first got it (heavy duty adjustable suspension) but it's a 2wd i removed the 2 lift blocks in the back and switched the u-bolts to the standard 1500 ones.. in the near future i'm going to be getting belltech spindles in the front so it will be a 2/2 drop but i'm guessing that will bring me to a normal silverado ride height? which is still taller then an SS right or wrong?.

so do you think i could get this sway bar for my truck?. and when is the sale going to end?...

let me know a.s.a.p. i also added a few pics so you can see my rear suspension and the ride height before and after the blocks were removed.

thanks.

post-8665-1174689474_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1174689617_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1174689732_thumb.jpg

hey bnoon,

i have an 06 V-max "performance package" truck not the "performance edition" the difference is the suspension is identical to the SS on the "edition" and mine was as high as a 4x4 when i first got it (heavy duty adjustable suspension) but it's a 2wd i removed the 2 lift blocks in the back and switched the u-bolts to the standard 1500 ones.. in the near future i'm going to be getting belltech spindles in the front so it will be a 2/2 drop but i'm guessing that will bring me to a normal silverado ride height? which is still taller then an SS right or wrong?.

so do you think i could get this sway bar for my truck?. and when is the sale going to end?...

let me know a.s.a.p. i also added a few pics so you can see my rear suspension and the ride height before and after the blocks were removed.

thanks.

You can use it with a "shackle 2 inch drop" and should be fine from where you're at. It won't be optimal until the end links hold the sway bar parrallel to the ground at ride height. The MOST anyone would have to do it get custom/universal link bars from PST here http://www.p-s-t.com/.

You can use it with a "shackle 2 inch drop" and should be fine from where you're at. It won't be optimal until the end links hold the sway bar parrallel to the ground at ride height. The MOST anyone would have to do it get custom/universal link bars from PST here http://www.p-s-t.com/.

so i would have to lower my rear another 2" to use it?. personaly i don't like drop shackles, i had them on my 05 and they completely shot the ride and handling on the truck. i think they add to much spring travel making the spring act softer. so i'm not planning on lowering my rear any more then it is now. it already is a 1/2" lower then the front end, and i liked the factory rake, so i just wanted it lowered 2/2 front and back.

so if i can't use this bar without lowering my rear end, buying shackles, and maybe having to buy different end links, (hich defeats the point of the good deal) then would a 4wd rear bar work for me?. i'm only asking for future referance since i wont be buying this bar, and still need to lower my front end.

thanks bnoon.

so i would have to lower my rear another 2" to use it?. personaly i don't like drop shackles, i had them on my 05 and they completely shot the ride and handling on the truck. i think they add to much spring travel making the spring act softer. so i'm not planning on lowering my rear any more then it is now. it already is a 1/2" lower then the front end, and i liked the factory rake, so i just wanted it lowered 2/2 front and back.

so if i can't use this bar without lowering my rear end, buying shackles, and maybe having to buy different end links, (hich defeats the point of the good deal) then would a 4wd rear bar work for me?. i'm only asking for future referance since i wont be buying this bar, and still need to lower my front end.

thanks bnoon.

You should be just fine with that bar and the hardware it comes with for what you are doing.

Would the 1" bar be a good match for the stock front?

I believe so. I'll let you know as I plan to put the rear one on first and then the front one later if it needs it. I may end up sending the 1.5" front one back as it didn't come with new poly bushings, only new end links and end link bushings.

just to be clear you mean the 4wd bar will work for me right?.

thanks again bnoon.

I would get the 2wd one since they typically come with shorter end links than the 4wd ones. You said you are lower than a 4wd now, right? Then you would want to 2wd kit for sure.

Even if the end links were to long, all you would have to do is drill a couple of holes and mount them higher on the frame, or order shorter end links from PST (or other suspension company) after taking measurements.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)