Killed a stang

bagged7104ss

On the way to work this morning, pulling up to the red light I see a older mustang (late 80's?) behind the car at the light. While I was coming up to the light I could see he had some skinny ass tires up front and maybe some 10" wide tires on the rear. The car sounded sick with the cam and flowmasters at idle. I had a car infront of me and he had two in front of him. The car infront of me pulled through the intersection faster so I stomped on it, and he immiedetly got behind me and I knew he took the bait :devil: . We cought the next red and I looked over and we both knew it was on. I brake stalled to about 2800 and just lanched my truck out of the hole. I looked back and the mustang was about three or four cars behind me. He was not catching up, and I was coming up to some traffic so I slowed down. He came up next to me and I gave him a :thumbs: , and he did the same. For a stang I liked it a lot, very clean. I would have liked to pull over and seen what he had done but I was running late to work as it was.

Probably had the usual 5.0 stuff like a mid sized cam, worked over heads, EFI cobra or aftermarket intake/carb setup, headers, etc. As much as I despise Fords, they aren't all that bad. He was probably sitting in the low 13's or high 12's and you are probably sitting in the mid to low 12's with the mp122. Good race...god I need to get my blower on so I can take care of these pesky mustangs instead of running neck and neck with them.

just be careful of those ones that say SALEEN on them.

We have two Mustangs running in the Pro Street class here at Mission- both have gone 6.9s, neither has a Saleen emblem on them....

:crackup:

My buddy's late 80's Mustang had bolt ons and aftermarket heads. Nothing major. He ran an 11.55 on a run where he couldn't get 2nd gear and had to go straight to third.

There are some NASTY Mustangs out there.