trade in

just wondering, for you guys who traded in the ss and got a newer year or just traded it in for a new car what the dealer gave u. i went to kbb.com and got what they said now i just wana hear it from "real" poeple what they got. i have a 2006 ss with 34,000 miles on it.. great condition. just curious. i always like to no i can pull into a car dealer and trade the truck in on the way home from work if i see something i like lol...

thanks

Generally speaking, dealers offer considerably less than even KBB wholesale values on trades - but will not be shy about jacking up the price when they put it on their used lot. A slightly better alternative is go to Carmax and get an offer from them; it will be a little more than a dealer will give on trade, but a little less than you could get selling private party.

I went to the dealer a week or so ago and asked what they would give me for my truck. They came back and said well we can give you 17,500-18,500 max. I laughed and said you gotta be kidding me. I still owe 31,000 on it. Then they tried to play games and as i'm about to walk out they said uhhh well we can give you 24,000 max. needless to say I left. But I don't think your gonna get anywhere near what you would get before the new body style came out because anyone can go on any lot and get a loaded 07 crewcab with the 5.3 for 28,000. The dealers don't want the old body style when a new body style is released because they are gonna have a hard time getting rid of them and making any money on them.

I went to the dealer a week or so ago and asked what they would give me for my truck. They came back and said well we can give you 17,500-18,500 max. I laughed and said you gotta be kidding me. I still owe 31,000 on it. Then they tried to play games and as i'm about to walk out they said uhhh well we can give you 24,000 max. needless to say I left. But I don't think your gonna get anywhere near what you would get before the new body style came out because anyone can go on any lot and get a loaded 07 crewcab with the 5.3 for 28,000. The dealers don't want the old body style when a new body style is released because they are gonna have a hard time getting rid of them and making any money on them.

Damn John, they actually treated you well compared to what happened to my buddy. He inquired on trading his super nice '04 CA edition Silverado with 34k miles, and they offered only $12k. Then he went to Carmax, who offered $14k, then he sold it PP for $17.7.

The problem with selling a Silverado, or any newer domestic vehicle for that matter, is the auto mfg's have flooded the market with new vehicles by offereing rebates, incentives, employee pricing, etc. If you're not giving it away, people will just spend a little more and get a brand new one.

Never said that it'll happen..... i'm just saying that NADA is closer to reality than kbb. My friends dad works for an insurance company.. and that's what the they use.. so do loan companies, etc..

a dealership isnt going to give anything near what nada says. it would be so much closer to what kbb lists than nada that its not even funny. even then good luck getting good condition on a trade in as far as values go for kbb.

Why are you selling it

most likly going to be switcing carear paths shortly and will be short on cash for a while

thats a lot of miles for an 06.

bought it in nov of 05. yea i no it sucks i drive 50 miles each way to work 15 days a month and been on on e to many road trips.. haha