Stolen license plate

Reese Byerrum

So I get back home from a track meet in AZ and I am dusting off my truck. When I get to the tail gate something just doesn't look right. Then I figured it out, my license plate is missing. So I look around to see if it just fell off. Nope all I find is my Purdue Boilermaker thing that surrounds my plate. :banghead: So I call up the police department to report it stolen and the cop that came out said mine was the 30th out of state plate that had been stolen that weekend. Who does that. So I had to call the DMV in AZ where I live (i currently go to school in Indiana) and have to get a new plate sent out to me. Can't drive the beast until I get the new plate. Not very happy about it. Sorry just need to get that out there.

It happened to me around 10 years ago. I always thought that people stole the plates for the purpose of selling unlicensed vehicles or using the plates on a car to commit crimes. Obviously these are criminal types, being caught with the wrong plates on your car is a quick way to jail.

oh trust me it happens, i know around here that they will steal license plates and put them on stolen cars to commit crimes in so that the old plate that the police have are long gone. The problem is that stolen license plates are not given out to police like a stolen car would be. Stolen plates are put into a database so that WHEN it is run, it comes back stolen. Its done to throw off the police. But like u said, not too smart of an idea. Usually you can ride around in your vehicle as long as you have a copy of the police report with you. At least here you can. Then you have 30 days to get a new plate.

my brothers got jacked a few months back. i have my vin number in the windshield blocked with a piece of paper, i kinda think they would use the vin and the plate for some reason. im thinking about some tamper proof screws for my plate. or maybe it the inmate that made the plate in prison taking back their works of art. when i was a kid i told my mom i wanted to make license plates for a living, she convinced me to take a different route. :lol:

im thinking about some tamper proof screws for my plate.

What about the torx bits with the indented head, takes a certain torx bit that most people would not even bother having on them

it was probobly a maxcican

:nono: Not a good idea.....

Alot of them take plates off vehicles because their registration is not current...Some even peel the validation stickers off, because that is harder yet to detect....

What about the torx bits with the indented head, takes a certain torx bit that most people would not even bother having on them

:nono: Not a good idea.....

Alot of them take plates off vehicles because their registration is not current...Some even peel the validation stickers off, because that is harder yet to detect....

the tamper proof screws are torx heads just with a litte stud in the center so a normal torx wont fit into the head.

Edited by wody (see edit history)