Navi Installed...

Finally got around to installing my AVIC-D3 and XDV-P6. So far im really happy with the install and both units. (still don't know how to work everything) The sound is even better now, I thought it may be worst since I have the BOSE, but with the adapters it's room for more adjustment then stock. I also added the steering wheel adapter to so I could still use my factory controls. Ran my remote wire and RCA's as well because I will be adding subs soon. Here's a few pics,

UPDATE005.jpg

UPDATE004.jpg

UPDATE002.jpg

UPDATE003.jpg

Forgive me for asking such an obvious question... but... what's a bypass? :P

And i'm either going to be getting the exact unit, or the Alpine version. Looks good! :cheers:

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's a slow process doing things I want to the truck being im still working on my Impala as well, but I try to do things here and there...:)

A Bypass is when you configure the head unit to not lock you out when the car or truck is in motion. Entering directions, and watching movies, is disabled if you dont not bypass the feature in the wiring harness. Real simple on this unit and many others to do. I also have a AVH-6600DVD in my Impala that is also bypassed. As you can tell im a really big fan of Pioneer head units, and changers.

• 1 month later...

How do you get the dash a part with out breaking anything? I've got a similar head unit, but I'm affraid I'll f**k up the dash.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's a slow process doing things I want to the truck being im still working on my Impala as well, but I try to do things here and there... :)

A Bypass is when you configure the head unit to not lock you out when the car or truck is in motion. Entering directions, and watching movies, is disabled if you dont not bypass the feature in the wiring harness. Real simple on this unit and many others to do. I also have a AVH-6600DVD in my Impala that is also bypassed. As you can tell im a really big fan of Pioneer head units, and changers.