Z06 vs. GT500

jballer323

From what i've read the GT500's aren't what they should be. '03 -'04 cobra's will run with them all day! I read the weight distrobution isn't where it should be. I think average stock gt500 times are around 12.4-12.9 stock. z06's I think have recorded low 11's stock. Ford said they would go for the Z06's throat, they have a ways to go! I like the GT500's, I just don't think they are what they should be for the HP/ price.

-K-

all i have to say is...... there really isnt a need for a "vs." in between those two names. it should look more like this:

Z06 > GT500

and thats an understatement ! :smash: there is no catagory that the little stang could come near the Z06 in. there was a mag article of the C6 vs. GT500, and it got its ass kicked :rolleyes: so- add 100 hp, shave a hundred lbs (a little more actually), and all the handling improvements.... you be the judge :lol:

the Z06 has claims of 0-60 all over the place.... but many mags are shifting to second during this reading. the Z06 will go 60 in first, and that has posted a 0-60 of 3.5 seconds. the stang is somewhere in the mid-low 4's, but all it really is is a stang GT with more displacement and a blower, its not a true performance car. but then again, thats not a fair comparison. one is a supercar, the other is a, well, mustang. the ford GT would be a good race tho........

i have to be honest...i went and almost got on the list to buy a gt500 before they came out and before i bought my truck. i would have been #9 on the list and that dealership was only going to get 4 units, so i didn't go for it. it was 1500 bones to get on the list, and you weren't even guaranteed one. so then i just bought the ss. i am a shelby fan. some may think im a traitor but oh well.

Top speed on GT500 is governed at 150 mph. I've read even without a speed govenor, Ford engineers said they dont expect it to pass 170mph based on wind tunnel experiments.

I'd take the Z06 any day, that GT500 isnt impressive at all for 500HP. 12.8 1/4 mie? Stock 2002 Camaro SS's run what 13.4's? Supercharge a Camaro SS or Z/28 and that GT500 is gonna be in the mirrors.

Edited by SchmidDaddY (see edit history)

Z06 hands down :chevy:

don't forget that even though the GT500 says Shelby, its still a Ford :puke:

Top speed on GT500 is governed at 150 mph. I've read even without a speed govenor, Ford engineers said they dont expect it to pass 170mph based on wind tunnel experiments.

I'd take the Z06 any day, that GT500 isnt impressive at all for 500HP. 12.8 1/4 mie? Stock 2002 Camaro SS's run what 13.4's? Supercharge a Camaro SS or Z/28 and that GT500 is gonna be in the mirrors.

Yeah the GT500 would be in CHASE's mirrors too.......... :driving:

At our local ford dealership they have an 06 rousch gt 500. It has a procharger on it and the salesman claimed it was 485 hp. It has 4,000 miles on it and they are asking $42,000. I had seen rousch mustangs but never a rousch gt 500.

ive read a couple of reviews on the new GT500 and they've all said that its biggest weak point is its suspension. they pretty much changed nothing compared to a stock GT, so even with all that power it doesnt go anywhere. BUT on the other hand they just released the GT500KR (King of the Road), it has 540hp and supposedly better suspension, only time will tell and see if it will really beat a Z06. even if it does beat it performance wise, its still going to cost an arm and a leg more than the chevy, so there really wont be a point. any ways, check out the new GT500KR

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2008...of-the-Road.htm

I don't think you can compare the Corvette Z06 to the Mustang GT500 cause the Z06 is a straight up super car and the Mustang is just another Mustang with a blower. I would rather have the Z06 than the GT500 cause the Z06 looks way better and it performs way better and plus it's a Chevrolet and the GT500 looks fat and slow and it's a Ford. The Corvette Z06 is the car to go with.

Better test would be a corvette with the Z51 suspension vs the GT500...Similar price and performance...Still I think the Vette would take a GT500 at the track...Even a midly modded 05-06 GTO would take a GT500 for 10K less

Now a Z06 vs Ford GT would be a race even though the GT is twice the cost for the same performance and maybe slightly better handling

Better test would be a corvette with the Z51 suspension vs the GT500...Similar price and performance...Still I think the Vette would take a GT500 at the track...Even a midly modded 05-06 GTO would take a GT500 for 10K less

Now a Z06 vs Ford GT would be a race even though the GT is twice the cost for the same performance and maybe slightly better handling

yea but just wait till the Corvette SS comes out :yellow_loser: