S.F. Auto Show

Import Hater

I went to the SF International Auto Show this weekend. And while I know that it's not the grand show that the North American show is...this is still a great opportunity for any manufacturer to get exposure for a vehicle they intend to sell for 40 grand. Yet, no Silverado SS...even though it's sheduled to go on sale well before the Chevy SS-R which was on display. What gives GM?

I went to the Anaheim version of this show, and was likewise disappointed that there was no SS on display :fume:. The Belair looked pretty cool, though. And did you see the cutaway 6.0L V8? That was fun for me to see, as I am only familiar with the guts of the '60's vintage small block. It is nice to see the water pump has been updated :), hopefully for the better...

The only special display I saw was a rolling chassis of the Hummer H2. Sad turnout for GM, which took up a good 1/4 of the floor space of the entire show. Even Subaru brought more diplays out just to show off thier new butt ugly Brat. Or I guess they call it Baja now.

Then again, I might have missed some displays. I was running a 102 fever that day. I'll probably go back sometime during the week when there's less of an orgy of people and check things out again.

Rob

Archived