bad paint job

well after i got my new bumper i had to get it installed and painted and i descided to go with them painting the vents and everything. so i get the quote they tell me 300 and it will only be there over night. so i know the owner and i figure its legit so i make the appt and drop it off. they don't touch it for 3 days, i get upset and go talk to them and they promise to have it done by the weekend. they finally get it put on and painted but i needed a 4 brackets that ended up costing 80 bucks. so i get the bill and it is 570 bones and it took 5 times longer than what they promised. being that the owner is a family friend and did all the work personally i paid the damn bill and kept my mouth shut. it has been two months and i go to detail the truck this weekend and there are spider cracks and chips all through out both top corners of the bumper, i'm pissed is there a nice way to go about this or should i take it back down there and unload my anger?

I work in a retail business and if a customer comes in with an attitude (deserved or not) it makes it much tougher to want to do right by them. They try to make my life miserable, I'll try to return the favor. :devil: Stuff happens and sometimes we make mistakes. Good reputable people will own up and go out of their way to make it right for you but if you go in with an attitude, expect the same from them.

Take it back and calmly explain what the problem is and see what he has to say. If he won't stand behind his work, THEN give him both barrels.

Try nice first. It usually works best. Good luck.

It almost sounds like they cheaped out and didn't put any flex additive in the paint or used the wrong primer. Urethane stuff looks fine without it until the slightest bump then the paint will crack

Dave

Don't forget no one will screw you faster then family or friends

Edited by Bowtie70SS (see edit history)

that is what i was thinking but the thing is i asked specificly for the paint additive because i know there is a lot of wind drag and stuff when you drive over a 100 and i didn't want any cracking so i bet that is what happened, i got charged for it but i didn't get it. didn't make it down there yet but i'm going to soon. thanks guys

I work in a retail business and if a customer comes in with an attitude (deserved or not) it makes it much tougher to want to do right by them. They try to make my life miserable, I'll try to return the favor. :devil: Stuff happens and sometimes we make mistakes. Good reputable people will own up and go out of their way to make it right for you but if you go in with an attitude, expect the same from them.

Take it back and calmly explain what the problem is and see what he has to say. If he won't stand behind his work, THEN give him both barrels.

Try nice first. It usually works best. Good luck.

:withstupid:

If you go in there guns blazing, it will most likely result in getting nothing accomplished, and you'll both be mad at each other ... :mad:

Start by asking about what you rec'd for the money you paid, and then show him the truck. Then, ask if there's any way it can get resolved ... then ask why the job was misquoted.