Some new pistons

i know this is gunna sound weird, but i took my mahle's out tonite and am putting some GM LQ4 cast pistons in tomorrow, along with my stock rods and lingenfelter rod bolts. then im throwing the GT2-3 cam in, out with that crane nonsense, taking those stupidly expensive crane lifters out (as well as those really stupidly expensive rocker arms), going for stock rockers. yes, it sounds like a huge step backwards. but im gunna make more power, and most importantly my truck wont sound like a duramax with 100k miles :driving: its a DD, not a bracket racer. i think i originally went a tad overboard on the standard of parts i used :crackup:

should get me about 9.9:1 compression ratio

yea i know that its not "bulletproof" but..... it will hold 550 whp all day long. its lighter, quieter, fits better, and best of all is lower compression than my old setup. i doubt very many have seen these rods or pistons, but there not what you would expect :rolleyes:

well shes up and running. i cant tell you how happy it makes me to not be able to hear the piston slap (diesel noise) at all times, especially from inside while driving. no more drivetrain noise either, with a stock idle (literally). i highly recomend the LPE camshafts. ive put many into customers cars, but this is a first for me.

i wish i wouldve taken pictures of the pistons, they were even better than i expected. i got them out of an 07 HD 6.0 VVT. they had teflon coated skirts, about an 7-8cc dish, and valve reliefs! this setup put my compression @ arround 9.8:1 with 64.5cc heads and stock head gaskets. this is a great upgrade for someone looking to lower compression. they will handle 7-8lbs with no fear :D but of course im gunna find out just how much farther they will go :jester: if you need part numbers, just PM me.