Superchips the way to go? (For now)

I've had my 07 VortecMAX for over a month now and the truck is as fast as i thought it would be, but it seems to lag between shifts on 2nd and 3rd gear (GM says this is normal.. a couple thousand miles and it will go away). Not only that.. it tops out at 90 and doesnt want to go any faster which sucks in my opinion because i bought a vmax to go fast not cruise.. and since tuning is out of the question for now until i have all my upgrades is SUPERCHIPS the way to go or not.. ive heard that it will bring out the beast in the truck and eliminate the limiter.. i need opinions people.. what do you think I should do? :chevy:

do whatever upgrades you are planning and get a tune. or get a basic pcm tune first then get it reflashed after you do all of your mods. most tuners will not charge or charge you very little to retune your pcm. i think i get 4 retunes from nelson for free.

do whatever upgrades you are planning and get a tune. or get a basic pcm tune first then get it reflashed after you do all of your mods. most tuners will not charge or charge you very little to retune your pcm. i think i get 4 retunes from nelson for free.

thanks man.. do you know of any places that will tune my truck in the LA area and do you think getting a chip is a bad thing for just now.. i researched it and alot of people who bought the chip said that it was worth every dollar.

Edited by BLACK07VMAX (see edit history)

thanks man.. do you know of any places that will tune my truck in the LA area and do you think getting a chip is a bad thing for just now.. i researched it and alot of people who bought the chip said that it was worth every dollar.

That is because they don't know any better. I started off that way so I will share what I learned w/ you. DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY! If you are going to get a tune someday, why spend $400.00 or more on a Superchip and then $400.00 more on a tune later on (that price is w/ keeping your factory PCM) Just order a basic tune for now and retune as you mod.

That is because they don't know any better. I started off that way so I will share what I learned w/ you. DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY! If you are going to get a tune someday, why spend $400.00 or more on a Superchip and then $400.00 more on a tune later on (that price is w/ keeping your factory PCM) Just order a basic tune for now and retune as you mod.

my basic reason for getting this mod is to gain some hp/torque and eliminate the limiter on my truck.. i hate the fact that it tops out at 90.. and i feel that i should get a tune after ive done some serious engine work other than an intake and exhaust.. and i see that about a year or two down the line.. so do you think that i should go this route for now?

my basic reason for getting this mod is to gain some hp/torque and eliminate the limiter on my truck.. i hate the fact that it tops out at 90.. and i feel that i should get a tune after ive done some serious engine work other than an intake and exhaust.. and i see that about a year or two down the line.. so do you think that i should go this route for now?

You will see alot more gains all around from a mail order tune then the Superchips, but it is your money. Just giving you my experience.

Well, let's see

$400 superchips now then $200 custom later =$600 or

$200 custom now $50 retune later = $250

:dunno: Why is this even a question. :banghead: You will get more performance from a custom tune and costs less.

i know and thanks.. now what mail order tune would you recommend

You are going to get a ton of opinions on that one. I use PCM4Less and have had good results, some use Zippy, [email protected], Nelson, go Wheatley,and the list goes on. All will have good experiences and all will have a few that where not satisfied. Tune is definatley the way to go.