New Best at the Strip

Stiff1

I went up to Da Grove last night to see how the truck would run. I now have a smaller pulley and exhaust done to the truck since the last time I went. It wasn't the best conditions out but I went anyways. We had to wait for over an hour while they tried to dry the track. My first run up I made a 13.5 pass, but I had to let up off the line from spinning so hard. Then I ran it again hot but this time I did a quick little spin of the tires to try and dry them off and I ran a [email protected]. The truck was feeling pretty strong, but I couldn't hook up all that easy. I let the truck cool off for 45 min. and made another pass. This time the truck was still spinning off the line but ran pretty good down the track. I ran a [email protected] I wanted to make another pass but they shut it down due to rain. I can't wait to get a little better tune in the truck and some dry track so I can really hook and go!

DSC00036.jpg

Wow solid times for a procharger finally. Can you elaborate more on your setup like 2 or 3 core intercooler, what sized injectors you run, what head unit you went with etc? What pulley size are you running on the procharger? Thanks.

I am curious too Stiff1. A while back you put up pictures of your truck ready for SEMA, do you have some of the under hood. If the air intake relocated or anything.

Nice times man, quick truck you have there. :driving:

Right now the truck has a D1SC with the 3-core intercooler. I have a 3.7 pulley and I am running 60# injectors. I still need to get zippy to do some more tuning on the truck since I only made a minor change after the new injectors and pulley. I never changed the air intake location and I've never even cleaned the filter. It's something I know I need to do, but I haven't had a chance to do it. Hopefully I'll be running a 12.5 or less pretty soon after a new tune and better weather. After that I may do some more serious work to the truck and get down in the 11's.

Edited by Stiff1 (see edit history)

Right now the truck has a D1SC with the 3-core intercooler. I have a 3.7 pulley and I am running 60# injectors. I still need to get zippy to do some more tuning on the truck since I only made a minor change after the new injectors and pulley. I never changed the air intake location and I've never even cleaned the filter. It's something I know I need to do, but I haven't had a chance to do it. Hopefully I'll be running a 12.5 or less pretty soon after a new tune and better weather. After that I may do some more serious work to the truck and get down in the 11's.

How much boost were you seeing with the 3.7 pulley,I have the same setup( D1 w/ 3 core) ready to go on and have the 3.85 pulley on it and didn't know how much boost it was gonna make,I'm just waiting on my tune to show up from zippy.I have two smaller pulleys also with the smallest being the 3.2 but I'm scared of that one.

I went up to Da Grove last night to see how the truck would run. I now have a smaller pulley and exhaust done to the truck since the last time I went. It wasn't the best conditions out but I went anyways. We had to wait for over an hour while they tried to dry the track. My first run up I made a 13.5 pass, but I had to let up off the line from spinning so hard. Then I ran it again hot but this time I did a quick little spin of the tires to try and dry them off and I ran a [email protected]. The truck was feeling pretty strong, but I couldn't hook up all that easy. I let the truck cool off for 45 min. and made another pass. This time the truck was still spinning off the line but ran pretty good down the track. I ran a [email protected] I wanted to make another pass but they shut it down due to rain. I can't wait to get a little better tune in the truck and some dry track so I can really hook and go!

DSC00036.jpg

hey great runs. i dont mean to bug you but it sounds like we have about the same setup except i dont have a stall and i dont think my truck would run close to yours, what are you reving to ? what boost are you putting out ? hope you dont care for me asking thanks glenn

The truck will just touch 11#'s of boost. With the 4.0 pulley I made 6-7#'s and with the 3.85 I made 8-9#'s. Now from 5000rpm-5800rpm I go from about 8#'s to 11#'s. It really climbs fast over 5k, but it pulls pretty hard down low still. I was launching between 1800-2000. I wanted to try and launch higher but the truck was still spinning out of the hole.

I know that I wouldn't be trying that 3.2 pulley, that would just be crazy! I did like the 3.85 set-up but I wanted just a little bit more. I really do love the ProCharger and the way that the power comes on is just awesome.

Man, you are pushing the limits of that stock block at 11#'s. I hope it holds up for you. 04chase blew his at 12#'s and so did dounome. They were both running vortecs though and I think dounome had insufficient injectors. Just keep an eye on your AFR and injector duty cycles, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

DSC00036.jpg

Great times, are you spinning the tires at all?