Throttle Body Spacer

ssaman

What exactly do they do and where can I get one? Oh and the most important question...How much? lol Thanks guys! :thumbs::chevy:

Ah thats funny.. i was just lookin those up.. basically it gives you more hp/torque and increases gas mileage.. it costs around 100 dollars and it has a whistle to it kind of like a turbo.. it could add up to 20 hp so ive heard.. google it and youll find online dealers who sell them. I'm trying to find one for my 07 nbs silverado :thumbs:

Edited by BLACK07VMAX (see edit history)

tbs supposedly increase airflow by swirling the air or funneling more in somehow they are more effective on smaller motors where the airflow can become significantly more on a ss you pay like two bills for faint whooshing and the slightest smallest performance gain you will ever feel.

defanantly not worth the money, actually, they aren't worth a damn.... my buddy tried one out on his 5.3L Z71 and he got 1-2 mpg worse fuel economy, so he tried to give it to me.... Ha ha ha. No :nono:

:withstupid: They work good for an ash tray on the work bench. There's a guy on GM-Trucks whose been trying to give his away for a while now. Dont waste your cash, get a few cases of beer instead, you'll get more performance.

I've heard they work on carb'ed motors, and the 90's 5.7l's, but thats about it.

My friend that works at a Chevy dealer said a truck once came in because it was running like crap. Oddly enough, the owner had just installed a tbs, then was dumb enough to take it in to figure out what the problem was. Friend removed the spacer, truck ran fine again.

So I'd say, save your money and effort.

I agree with what has been previously stated. I can't count the number of times I've run into a truck that had vaccum leaks that the owner didn't even know about that were directly attributed to the spacer...

defanantly not worth the money, actually, they aren't worth a damn.... my buddy tried one out on his 5.3L Z71 and he got 1-2 mpg worse fuel economy, so he tried to give it to me.... Ha ha ha. No :nono:

i got mine fairly cheap and it added about 2 mpg, if i understand it right it really only helps for performance under wot