Trailer Brake controllers

fox_forma

in the other thread i posted it said they have a tendency to lock up the brakes when backing up and it wasnt as good as electronic controllers. I'm pretty sure the electronic is the way I'm going now though

I think you'll be happy that you bought your prodigy. I had an electronic in my old truck -- ripped the sucker out. Every time I'd pull up and us the hazards, the braker controller would hit the brakes. Yeah... that was cool. :shakehead:

do any of you guys have pics of your controller mounted? I just got a prodigy controller but dont know where to mount it nor do I have a mounting bracket so Iwill have to come up with something.

Mine came with a plastic "pocket" that the unit snaps into. I also purchased the Tekonsha wiring harness, so it was plug and play - literally. One end of the harness snaps into the truck's fuse box, and the other end into the back of the Prodigy.

As for location, the plastic mount that came with mine had holes in it that lined up perfectly with holes under the dash, centered under the steering wheel. You can look through the bottom opening in the steering wheel to read the display.

Look for those holes, and ask whoever you bought it from where your mount is.

Mike

Mine came with a plastic "pocket" that the unit snaps into. I also purchased the Tekonsha wiring harness, so it was plug and play - literally. One end of the harness snaps into the truck's fuse box, and the other end into the back of the Prodigy.

As for location, the plastic mount that came with mine had holes in it that lined up perfectly with holes under the dash, centered under the steering wheel. You can look through the bottom opening in the steering wheel to read the display.

Mike

I mounted mine off to the right of the steering wheel... I'm kinda long legged. I didn't want to hit the thing everytime I got in the truck. Mine plugged into the wire harness, but then I had a fuse to put into the fuse box -- it didn't plug into it. Did you have to drill the fire wall?

Mike

yeah I'm waiting to hear back about the mount before I have to order one. By chance have a pic of which fuse it is that needs to be added?

I cant find anything in the manual about a fuse, all I see in the manual is where the harness plugs into under the dash for the controller. So is there a fuse I need to plug in or is it already there from factory?