aeroforce guage switch?

hey guys i just sent out my payment to ridin24(dustan) for his aeroforce guage. and i did some reading in other forums that the can led to a slow draw on the battery. obviously i dont want that so what i was planning to do when i get it is to hook up the power to a switch. has anyone every done this?? and is there going to be any harm to the guage if i shut it off? will it still hold memory? if you guys have done it or can help i would really appreciate it. thanks ~~Kyle

I just wired mine into the ignition fuse on the side fuse panel (located on the D/S dash)

I had no problems with that :thumbs:

:withstupid:

drilled through the a-pillar for me just bought one from tbryne...summit has some other ones also

so its only a slow draw if you dont drive your truck for a long time? becuase i use this thing everyday so i should be fine. and were do you guys recomend putting the guage pod. like right in the middle of the pilar? thats were i was planning to go. thanks for the help guys

edit:- is this a good pod

guage pod

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

it should not really draw at all....I would compare it to your clock on your radio. All it is doing is keeping the info from the performance and recorded options.

Wire it to a accessory port and it turns off when you turn off the truck

another question, might be stupid but how do you attach the guage pod to the A-pilar, and guage to the pod??? i know it might be stupid but once it comes in i want everything ready to install it.

The gauge will sit in the pod. It might be a littel tight but all 3 of mine fit great. Nothing is needed to hold them in place. My pillar pod fit over top of my a-pillar. I didn't have to remove the stock pillar. I've got the bose system so I had to order a pod for that. It has a cutout to go over the bose tweeter. I used double sided tape to hold the pillar pod in place and it looks pretty good.

thanks, i just order my singal pod from tbyrne. jegs/summit/stylin all had it but shipping sucks. so now i can go down to tbyrne and pick it up tomorow, or monday. and thanks for taking pics. also the hole you drilled to get the wires through, is it a big hole?