A lil poll

A lot of subs are different. Same thing with amps speakers. It also depends on enclosures, design of sub.

And what do you want it to sound like? Clear? Deep?

Or just blow the doors off.

For deep deep bass one that comes to mind is "Bia Bia" by lil john.

Poor little ol me only has a 10inch ;)

well i will just go ahead and name a few, i downloaded a bass test and that sounds great, think i might blow a window one day. but really any song with bass sounds good in my truck. mostly hip-hop/rap is the best because it has the most bass. but im really not into that. i like more rock. as long as its loud im happy

I'm sorry for not being clear at first, so allow me to rephrase....The question is what is your favorite artist/song that sounds the best with your setup. For example mine is Lil Jon-Da Blow....Im just curious what songs or artists people listen to in terms of what sounds good with subs. My idea for this poll came up when me and a couple of my buddies started talking about what song hits the hardest in our trucks/cars. And of course we all had different answers such as Outkast, 2pac, Lil Jon, etc.

I have mine set up for just about anything, where I do not have to change settings. Korn-Balltounge sounds awesome, Deirks Bently- What was I thinking sounds great, Mudvayne-Dig sounds killer, Eve-Let me blow your mind, Ludacris- cadillac gills. Once again I'm set up for just about everything.

From an old school competitor (back when single tones or square waves didn't exsist for competitions)

Tomas Dobly "The Aliens Ate My Buick"

They do not make the CD anymore but you can pick it up on E-bay from time to time. The CD was one of the first digitally created mixes and is recorded at a high level which makes the tone transitins really snappy. There is alot of sweeps from 20Hz - 80Hz which is fun.

Number 2 is TechnoBass II. Really just a bunch of noise in the 15Hz-200Hz range but there are some transitions where if you are not careful, your drivers may bottom out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...