Finished my mullet car!

montanass

Well its official, I finsished my car yesterday. First start up was around noon yesterday and I spent the rest of the day tuning and cleaning it up.

Its a 1969 El Camino SS 396, Numbers matching car, original rear end, Muncie 4-speed transmission, and I have the original block, however it seized up, and was already sixty over, so next time I build the engine it will need to be sleeved, and it will go back in the car. For now I have a 1970 factory replacement block sixty over, Keith Black pistons, Comp cams 284/296 lift .574/.578 110 lsa, Comp Cams dual valve springs, Comp cams Roller rockers, 10.5:1 Compression. Nothing super special, It should be around 425 horse and 480 ft lb torque. The intake manifold is a Edelbrock Performer II Aluminum Intake, a Holley 750cfm carb, Headman Ceramic Coated headers, and to quiet it down a bit I've got a couple of Magnaflow mufflers. It also has a Hurst short throw, Be Cool Radiator, dual e-Fans, factory power steering and power brakes. I drove it around a little last night to break in the motor, and the starter took a dump on me, so I replaced the starter and now the alternator stopped working, so I have a couple of bugs to work out, but once those are ironed out, the car will be driven ALOT :)

pics:

post-7418-1176055213_thumb.jpg

post-7418-1176055324_thumb.jpg

post-7418-1176055369_thumb.jpg

post-7418-1176055414_thumb.jpg

post-7418-1176055450_thumb.jpg

post-7418-1176055482_thumb.jpg

Nice looking 'Camino.................... :thumbs: The 68-69's, and the 70-72's have to be my favorite body style of the Elkys...............Makes me want my 68 Chevelle back bad now........... :shakehead: ...Be sure to slap on an old set of rear tires, and give us some smoke-filled action shots...................

Nice looking 'Camino.................... :thumbs: The 68-69's, and the 70-72's have to be my favorite body style of the Elkys...............Makes me want my 68 Chevelle back bad now........... :shakehead: ...Be sure to slap on an old set of rear tires, and give us some smoke-filled action shots...................

those will be comming soon as soon as i get some of the bugs worked out. I've got to burn up these tires soon, cause i'm getting a new set of rims and tires. :D

I'm planning on dropping the front end of the car a couple of inches, it looks funny now because the front tires are a little taller than the rears, but it will look much better when the new rims go on. :)

those will be comming soon as soon as i get some of the bugs worked out. I've got to burn up these tires soon, cause i'm getting a new set of rims and tires. :D

I'm planning on dropping the front end of the car a couple of inches, it looks funny now because the front tires are a little taller than the rears, but it will look much better when the new rims go on. :)

mullet.gif Had to use this :jester:

Good looking Elky, Cody

I like the Torque Thrust wheels you have on there. Old school thing from back in the day :cool:icon_smokin.gif

What wheels are you planning to put on next?