getting my taillights tinted

BlackSS04

I am sending my taillights & 3rd brake light to http://www.jonstintedtails.com/index.htm to get them tinted tommorrow. It only takes two days to get them back which is very convinient. I hear he does very good work and it shows in his gallery on the site. I'm stoked about it, and can't wait to finally get em on. I'll post pics when I get em.

some have had problems but others havent even been botherd. alot of new cars are coming out with tinted tails. i believ the trailblazers are like that, so i dont think cops will know whats oem or a mod. but im getting the led light bar for the rear above the roll pan so that will work when i hit the brake pedal, might put the running light on a switch so its not on during the day only at night. but luckly i have a second pair so if i get my bal*s buseted by them to much ill just change them, but then again im very freindly with the local cops.....knock on wood

If you have a drink or two and get behind the wheel I would not recommend tinting the tails. Here in Hidalgo Co. the cops will use it as probable cause to stop you and lo and behold if you've been drinking.... You know what I mean. Not worth the attention it'll draw at least not in my neck of the woods. :seeya:

Doesn't help that the county leads TX in # of DUI's.

Edited by lgetz (see edit history)

I wonder if the cops will give us shit about them. Has anyone on the forum with tinted tails ever had any problems with the pigs?

Wow I guess you have been stopped before... If you are worried about it being illegal why are you going to do it? Kind of like tinting windows to 5% and then saying your being harassed....

Wow I guess you have been stopped before... If you are worried about it being illegal why are you going to do it? Kind of like tinting windows to 5% and then saying your being harassed....

I was just wondering if any of you had been stopped for them, that all. and im doing it because it looks badass.

I was just wondering if any of you had been stopped for them, that all. and im doing it because it looks badass.
I've had blacked-out lenses for 3 months now, no problems at all. The only thing the law says a vehicle must have is a red reflector, and brake lights visible at 500-ft; I made sure when I did mine that there was still lots of light output and there have been no problems even though I really don't have a red reflector anymore so in practical terms I would expect myself to be pulled over for not having a reflector if I loose all lighting in one lamp housing and that's very unlikely.

Mr. P. :)

Me I wouldnt black em out I think in his galleries the light/medium tint looked good and cops wouldnt give you any shit about it because you could still see the tails they were just smoked which is what I would go for but thats just me. How do you think some light/medium tinted tails, 3rd, and headlights and corners would look on a arrival blue sss?

BlackSS04, have you got the tails back yet? Any pictures?

unfortunatly, they are taking longer with it then expected. :banghead: they should be here sometime this week though, hopefully. when i get them, i'll take abunch of pics for you fellas. :thumbs:

edit: and he lied about them being done in a couple of days. thats not a very good sign. but i've heard his work is quality, and it looks like it in his website, so i'm not worried.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

If you have a drink or two and get behind the wheel I would not recommend tinting the tails. Here in Hidalgo Co. the cops will use it as probable cause to stop you and lo and behold if you've been drinking.... You know what I mean. Not worth the attention it'll draw at least not in my neck of the woods. :seeya:

Doesn't help that the county leads TX in # of DUI's.

should not have any drinks and drive anyways it is definitly not a good habit.