Adjusting the bed

Jeff B

When I bought my truck a month ago, the bed seemed a little off. The front is raised up slightly and the gap between the bed and cab is larger at the top than the bottom.

How do I adjust the bed on the frame? How many bolts hold it on? Is this something I could do by myself or do I need help?

Damn GM quality control!!

There are some round clear spacers between the bed and the frame. You could loosen the bed and try to remove them on the side that is high, and then bolt the bed back down and see if that helps. Also, the gaps will look slightly off between the cab and the bed. The bottom of the truck has the cladding and that makes the gap look smaller than the top.

There are some round clear spacers between the bed and the frame. You could loosen the bed and try to remove them on the side that is high, and then bolt the bed back down and see if that helps. Also, the gaps will look slightly off between the cab and the bed. The bottom of the truck has the cladding and that makes the gap look smaller than the top.

That makes sense about the cladding, but this is pretty bad. And you can see that the body lind isn't even between the cab and bed. If you look down the length of the truck it looks like the bed slopes down to the rear slightly when compared to the cab. I think if I can lower the front about 1/4" it will help.