Help with shock choices

Jeff B

i like the beltech nitros. i have them and they ride very nice compared to the toxic shocks i had on my tahoe. if bilstein made a shock for dropped trucks i woul dhav ebought those.

theres only one shock out there and its the IAS shock

when crusing its soft and nice ride when your push it its nice and firm

Yeah...if you like replacing shocks every 6 months. They are very bad leakers. My brother in law went through about 4 sets on his Jeep.

I have the Bell Tech Nitro Active. I only drove it a couple miles since I had them installed, but they feel much better than the Originals.

• 2 weeks later...
Older topic, but I just installed the Belltech Nitro Actives last night and they are great (course I still had the originals on with 42000 miles)....Installing the Toxic's tonight, will post results...Jason

Installed the Toxic shocks last night and the truck rides very nice, Toxic's are a little stiff, but still very nice...

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2004 SSS AWD, stock no mods, 25,000 miles and was wondering what would be a good upgrade in shocks and possibly upgrade in front and rear swaybars, that are reasonable in cost?? :dunno:

I have a 2004 SSS AWD, stock no mods, 25,000 miles and was wondering what would be a good upgrade in shocks and possibly upgrade in front and rear swaybars, that are reasonable in cost?? :dunno:

Hotchkis Swaybars and Bilstein Shocks for the SS.

I think i payed somewhere around, idk 700-800 for the parts and installation.

Hotchkis Swaybars and Bilstein Shocks for the SS.

I think i payed somewhere around, idk 700-800 for the parts and installation.

Thanks for the info. Did it make a big difference for body lean?? (Im sure it did) How is the ride now?? Did you have a shop do the install?? Thanks again! :thumbs:

Thanks for the info. Did it make a big difference for body lean?? (Im sure it did) How is the ride now?? Did you have a shop do the install?? Thanks again! :thumbs:

Yes its a maajor improvement in the body lean. this morning i was cruisin about 85-90 down some semi twisty back roads and it handled like a dream.

The ride is much more firm, and you can feel a lot more of the road, but i cant give a full account as my rear shocks arent on yet. All in all im very impressed.

and yeah, i did have a shop do it. they charged me $130 just to stick the rear swaybar on, due to all the drilling into the frame and such.