google ads

brobradh77

Question

8 answers to this question

I am a supporting member and was told months ago that the google ads would be removed for supporting members so whats the hold up? I have tried what others have done (Mr. P) in removing them but it does not work.

:withstupid:

So far editing the hosts file on my machines has gotten rid of them. Here are a couple links which have some directions on how to do this in Windows, Linux, and the MAC OS.

http://practice.chatserve.com/hosts.html

MAC only

Apples site for OS X

once your there add a line like the following:

127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com

after doing this you will need to obviously save the file and restart your browser, and possibly even the machine.

Hope this may help some of you out. Or you could always download a browser with a built in ad blocker (I've used Maxthon). There are also a few other posts on this out there, just not sure where. A search for Google Ads will probably bring them up.

So far editing the hosts file on my machines has gotten rid of them. Here are a couple links which have some directions on how to do this in Windows, Linux, and the MAC OS.

http://practice.chatserve.com/hosts.html

MAC only

Apples site for OS X

once your there add a line like the following:

127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com

after doing this you will need to obviously save the file and restart your browser, and possibly even the machine.

Hope this may help some of you out. Or you could always download a browser with a built in ad blocker (I've used Maxthon). There are also a few other posts on this out there, just not sure where. A search for Google Ads will probably bring them up.

i triedd that once before and tried it again with no luck and i also tried the one mr. p posted but that did not work for me either oh well

i triedd that once before and tried it again with no luck and i also tried the one mr. p posted but that did not work for me either oh well

That sucks man, the only thing I can suggest at this point is downloading Maxthon and see if you like it.

That sucks man, the only thing I can suggest at this point is downloading Maxthon and see if you like it.

Download Maxthon - If you like IE 7.0 even in the least bit, you're going to love Maxthon. I'm running 2.0 Beta and I believe it might be faster than IE.