SS Dash Emblem and Air Bag Switch-Parts #'s

walc

I just bought a new/left over 2006 SS, at Koons Chevrolet, in Vienna, VA.

The SS dash emblem and the air bag disable switch were replaced with the standard Silverado storage cubby hole.

The dealer claims it came that way. BS. It has been on the lot for 16 months and someone took it and the dealer went for a much cheaper replacement. However, it was, otherwise, a great deal and I love it.

I want to restore my dash to OEM.

I understand the part # for the SS dash piece/emblem is 15178169.

Does anyone know the part #'s for the air bag disable switch, etc, I need to replace.

TIA.

:)

CoolBlueSS,

Many thanks! :cool:

Do I need any other parts to fill the hole, like a blank?

yes you need a blank, I would be willing to bet the swtich is burried behind that pocket somewhere. You have to have it in the truck or your aif bag light will stay on. I took mine our and stuffed it and put an extra blank there. didnt like the look of the switch... hope this helps.

fast4popper,

Thanks very much.

2 blanks would be much cheaper and I've never turned the air bags off, in any vehicle I've ever owned.

:)

I've turned mine off once. A bunch of us were going accross town, and a friend's 8 year old son wanted to ride with me. I let him ride up front, so I turned it off just in case.

thats wierd my 06' doesnt have a key to turn it off, there is a sensor in the passanger seat that activates it.
03 and newer has the seat sensor, also. The switch settings are automatic and off. I guess at some point they decided to do away with the switch.

03 and newer has the seat sensor, also. The switch settings are automatic and off. I guess at some point they decided to do away with the switch.

The way I understand it, if you put a child safety seat in the front, you should turn the switch to "Off". The sensor would activate the system from the weight of the seat and the kid, but you don't want it to inflate in those cases.

The way I understand it, if you put a child safety seat in the front, you should turn the switch to "Off". The sensor would activate the system from the weight of the seat and the kid, but you don't want it to inflate in those cases.
Correct. Whether it senses it or not, turn it off just to make sure.

yes you need a blank, I would be willing to bet the swtich is burried behind that pocket somewhere. You have to have it in the truck or your aif bag light will stay on. I took mine our and stuffed it and put an extra blank there. didnt like the look of the switch... hope this helps.

All I have to say is I am NOT WE TODD DID!! I do know how to type. just sometimes my fingers go slower than my brain... glad you were able to read the post... Sorry for the typos!!

Thanks, everyone, for excellent info and help.

Do I understand, correctly, that all I need, to restore my 2006 SS, to OEM, is SS dash piece/emblem, part #15178169, and that it is big enough to fill the entire hole in the dash?

Thanks, everyone, for excellent info and help.

Do I understand, correctly, that all I need, to restore my 2006 SS, to OEM, is SS dash piece/emblem, part #15178169, and that it is big enough to fill the entire hole in the dash?

no that is NOT big enough, you will also need 2 blanks and the "bracket" that they all snap into. UNLESS that SS piece includes that bracket. the reason I say it doesnt, is because I have worked on several other GM trucks and they all have the same piece... but who am I? just a typo type guy.. :)