SS Dash Emblem and Air Bag Switch-Parts #'s

walc

Could someone tell me the part #'s, I need, besides:

SS dash piece/emblem, part #15178169?

Specifically, the 2 blanks and bracket.

Sorry, to be a PIA. I'm just confused and I expect the dealer's parts people to be clueless.

• 2 weeks later...
Could someone tell me the part #'s, I need, besides:

SS dash piece/emblem, part #15178169?

Specifically, the 2 blanks and bracket.

Sorry, to be a PIA. I'm just confused and I expect the dealer's parts people to be clueless.

I received the SS logo cover ( gm # 15178169 ), today.

I still need part #'s for the blank cover, that fits in the hole below it, and the bracket, into which the logo cover and blank cover snap.

TIA.

2006ssdash2lv2.th.jpg

Edited by walc (see edit history)

I just bought a new/left over 2006 SS, at Koons Chevrolet, in Vienna, VA.

The SS dash emblem and the air bag disable switch were replaced with the standard Silverado storage cubby hole.

The dealer claims it came that way. BS. It has been on the lot for 16 months

not to be a a$$ about this, but are you sure it is a SS and not a dealer clone ?? we had a dealer selling 04 clones as SSs here and one of the people i know here bought one, paid 40k for it... what gave it away when i saw it, it was 2WD. dealer/salesmen ended up in court got his money back.

:seeya:

not to be a a$$ about this, but are you sure it is a SS and not a dealer clone ?? we had a dealer selling 04 clones as SSs here and one of the people i know here bought one, paid 40k for it... what gave it away when i saw it, it was 2WD. dealer/salesmen ended up in court got his money back.

:seeya:

Yes. It's a 2006 SS, according to the window sticker, VIN and all details; except, someone had stolen the SS logo cover, in the dash, and the dealer had replaced it with the cubbyhole that is standard in regular 2007 Silverados.

I questioned it, and the missing front license plate bracket, when I bought it; but, of course, the salesman and sales mgr lied and said SS's don't have front license plate brackets and that the SS dash emblem was changed to the cubbyhole for 2006.

I wanted a new SS and this was the only one I could find in a 250 mile radius. Plus, after rebates, I bought it for $10,000 under msrp/sticker. :driving: Therefore, its no big deal, to me, to spend around $100, for the front license plate bracket and SS logo dash piece. :)

The bracket that all of these snap into is PN# 15207879. The 2 solid dark grey "plugs" below the SS plate are both PN# 15734687. If u need the air bag deactivation switch (lower right plug) it is PN# 15256789.... :thumbs:

Bad Bowtie,

Many thanks!!! :chevy:

Now, I can get my truck back to stock. :D

• 7 years later...