beltech 2/2 drop kit

Makdad

Hey all I am considering lowering my SSS and I am just wondering if anyone has used this kit to do a 2/2 drop or should I get something different? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey all I am considering lowering my SSS and I am just wondering if anyone has used this kit to do a 2/2 drop or should I get something different? Thanks in advance for your help.

Daa...heres the link...lol...

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=BEL-103

It's a good kit but I don't think you can use that on a AWD truck. According to Beltech they only support installing those spindles on a 2WD truck, but they do look like they would work for a AWD truck. :dunno: The safe bet would be to purchase a set of McGaughy's 2" drop spindles & a separate set of 2" drop drop shackles - just don't use the McGaughy's leaf spring front hangers & you'll be ok.

Mr. P. :)

It's a good kit but I don't think you can use that on a AWD truck. According to Beltech they only support installing those spindles on a 2WD truck, but they do look like they would work for a AWD truck. :dunno: The safe bet would be to purchase a set of McGaughy's 2" drop spindles & a separate set of 2" drop drop shackles - just don't use the McGaughy's leaf spring front hangers & you'll be ok.

Mr. P. :)

That kit will go oanan AWD truck! :crackup:

Daa...heres the link...lol...

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=BEL-103

I have a '03 and installed the Belltech 2" drop spindles and 2" Belltech shackles about a month ago...I love it, only wish the rear was another inch lower...But the ride is just like stock, have had no problems with it...I would not go the torsion key way....And stock shocks are just fine, unless your needing replacements....I believe the part #'s are 6400 for the spindles and 2508 for the shackles.

Go to Belltechs website, get the p/n's then order through Summit, worked good for me...Jason

post-8371-1176428491_thumb.jpg

Edited by EmergencyVP1 (see edit history)

I did the belltech 2/2 drop with spindles on my AWD and it worked just fine. Make sure you cut the little bit they tell you to off the upper balljoint because it comes pretty close. Stock shocks worked fine and i agree with emergencyvip i also wish the back would be about an inch lower but other than that it looks good. Also it's easy to install, did it in my buddies driveway in about 3 hrs. Hopefully pics coming soon :cheers: