SLP releases L92 Head/Intake Combo For trucks!

Black2003SS

Love that SLP markup.

All those parts minus the valve springs are avaialbe from GM for a bit less than the package deal.

All in all its a good setup its ging to be intresting to see what goes on

Hey 12's rock is YANK sponsoring you or something? That is a pretty obnoxious sig.. plus the truck in the sig has a 6 speed.

True about being able to assemble the parts separate. However, you will have to pay someone to upgrade the valves/springs in the L92 heads anyways, so I am sure that would eat up the cost. It just takes the "guess" work out of it for most people. You can buy, this, take it to your mechanic, and be assured you have everything you need aside from a water pump and throttle body to make it work. You are basically paying for SLP to do the research for you to insure the parts work together and are proven performers.

On a side note, they will have a camshaft design done soon for trucks with a broad power band for towing/street/strip applications and still make over 500hp (the guy told me 525hp on the phone). Its just another option that might make the L92 swap a little easier. There might be a $200-300 markup total? But its ready to go?

:yellow_loser:

I bet some one will have the L92 on a stock LQ9.

I wonder how hard these parts are to come buy now with them getting so much attention.

and that price does not include the new water pump and I have not seen anybody switch to a new 4 bolt throttle body yet??

I hate wanting things before they are ready

True about being able to assemble the parts separate. However, you will have to pay someone to upgrade the valves/springs in the L92 heads anyways, so I am sure that would eat up the cost. It just takes the "guess" work out of it for most people. You can buy, this, take it to your mechanic, and be assured you have everything you need aside from a water pump and throttle body to make it work. You are basically paying for SLP to do the research for you to insure the parts work together and are proven performers.

On a side note, they will have a camshaft design done soon for trucks with a broad power band for towing/street/strip applications and still make over 500hp (the guy told me 525hp on the phone). Its just another option that might make the L92 swap a little easier. There might be a $200-300 markup total? But its ready to go?

Was the guy you talked to named Don? If so, tell him that a 6.0L with stock heads and 9psi CAN do 500RWHP and 11's in the 1/4 mile in our trucks.

SLP does have a mark-up but I agree, the leg-work has been done. Glad to see they are getting into trucks again.

its the intake, staying with the truck intake kills most of the top end power. I want to go this route and it seems like GM made this intake to keep the engine alive, or call it a restrictor plate intake:)

LG Motorsports has just posted a hardcore N/A L92-L76 swap onto a LS2 making 484 rwhp; that's almost 600 flywheel horsepower from a stock 364 cu-in. This top-end is going to be the way to go for the next few years.

Mr. P.

I'm seriously considering this swap now myself as I love the sounds of a well built N/A engine with a nice cam. I may just sell my radix kit and do this. If I need more power, just slap on a 75shot of juice. I wonder what it would cost to do the swap and stuff. I know I need the waterpump, new piping for the air intake tube to the throttle body, etc. I also know I need adaptors etc. for the fuel rails. I wonder if Zippy would do it for me? LOL. He's way to busy.