redline movie.... IMO

usabodyguard

Ok, so as many of you know, i have been a professional bodyguard full time for close to 15 years now... etc, etc, etc,...

So one of many perks i get in the biz is going to movie premiers, both working them for actors or just as an invited guest. Last night, the star of Redline, Nathan Phillips, invited me and my business partner to the movie premier... i worked with Nathan during the filming on stunts and training.

So the movie was basically a grown up version of Fast and the Furious, with exotics rather than ricers with tons of money wasted on them. The movie has some amazing cars and of course the same movie line as all the rest of the recent car genre movies...

guy gets killed, brother avenges death, and along the way meets a girl, falls in love... etc etc... the stakes are higher, the cars are nicer, but the acting falls WAAAAAY short of anything worthwhile. If you are an exotic car enthusiast, i say go see, otherwise dont waste your time... the story line and acting sucked big time...lol.

The only time i laughed was when they decided to fly a jet to Vegas and something happens along the way that is so over the top lame that i laughed AT the movie instead of with the movie...

I would give this movie a 2 out of 5 stars... and that is just for the sweet ass cars...

Final - Wait for the DVD.

:nono:

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

Every car movie that has come out lately has sucked big time. A crotch rocket movie named "Torque"? With Ice Cube?? An orange ricer supra keeping up with a 900 horse Challenger in a drag race?

The only decent car movie that Ive seen lately IMO is the new Gone in 60 seconds.

Thanks for the heads up! I wont go see it. I'll watch 300 for the 3rd time :D

Movies like that and the Fast and the Furious are what gives the ricers their whacked out delusions of grandeur.

2004 silverado ext - $23,900

Magnacharger - $5500

Numerous mods and improvements - $18,000

seeing the expression on the face of the driver of the inport tuner you just smoked...

Priceless

:driving:

2004 silverado ext - $23,900

Magnacharger - $5500

Numerous mods and improvements - $18,000

seeing the expression on the face of the driver of the inport tuner you just smoked...

Priceless

:driving:

That's true, I smoke import tuners aka rice burners without a lot of mods though. I wonder what I could do with a supercharger.

i agree with gone in 60 sec being probably the best car movie lately. it had good actors a decient plot and american muscle. even though i drool everytime i see the yenko, challenger, or the charger in the first two F&F. and angelina was in gone in 60. but eva mendez ain't bad!

Had free passes to it went with the roomates last night..

1.5 out of 5.. the only thing that gives it the 1.5 is the fact that the female role.. god damn.. I would actually debate selling my truck to get a peice of that.. beautiful.

beyond that? It was like watching daytime soaps meets fast and the furry.

They have a guy with a C5 convert in one of the races all badged up with z06 badges..do they think we are that dumb? Zo6 convert? um no.

Then nitrous on the lambo at 200 mph it pulls the front wheels? WTF if that happens my truck is a wheelstander.

But other than that I want to point out the actress's butt is phenominal. End of story.

Had free passes to it went with the roomates last night..

1.5 out of 5.. the only thing that gives it the 1.5 is the fact that the female role.. god damn.. I would actually debate selling my truck to get a peice of that.. beautiful.

beyond that? It was like watching daytime soaps meets fast and the furry.

They have a guy with a C5 convert in one of the races all badged up with z06 badges..do they think we are that dumb? Zo6 convert? um no.

Then nitrous on the lambo at 200 mph it pulls the front wheels? WTF if that happens my truck is a wheelstander.

But other than that I want to point out the actress's butt is phenominal. End of story.

and let me be the first to tell you that i met her on set and then saw her again at the premier... unbelievable... way hotter in person... and OMG she is the sweetest thing... she was so nice in person... she will go far... look for her in the future in some big roles.

and yea, i would seriously have to trade my dumb truck for a week in cabo with her.... hahaha... (prays the fiance doesnt see this post.. heh) :jester: