HID lights

I was given this link to some HID lights from ebay. I'm going to order mine tomorrow. You can't beat this price! I'm going with the 8000k. The 10000k is alittle to blue for me. I think they will look kick a$$ on the chevy lights, because they are clear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-C...110115995QQrdZ1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6000k IMO is the perfect color temp. I have 6000k's and 8000k's and of the two I love the 6000k's. I've tried some 4300k's and they are amazingly bright, but are were too bright to use :(

That seems like a pretty good price, but I wonder how the quality is... I've noticed alot of the "cheaper" ballasts from the outside look almost identicle to the higher quality ones, but I havent been brave enough to crack one open and compare...

good price I ordered me some from a member on here. His kit was $99.99 I went with 6000K

I ordered some from the same member last week. I got the 4300K since I already have a set of 6000K which I liked, but wanted something even a little brighter since I mostly do night driving work on the grave shift.

i just put some xeon regualr bulbs in my truck and they shine with the blue tint and are bright. what are the differences with hids should get them?...thanks

I cant testify in the difference but I just installed my HID kit yesterday and let me tell ya I love it. The HID's light up the entire road arouund you and are very easy on the eyes from a drivers stand point. I say they are worth it.

thanks for the reply.. what does it take to instal them everybody seems to be doin it their selves so it must not be too hard

yeah, the install is pretty simple. If your even slightly handy you should be able to do it. And if needed, you can always ask for help if you get stuck on something.

I cant testify in the difference but I just installed my HID kit yesterday and let me tell ya I love it. The HID's light up the entire road arouund you and are very easy on the eyes from a drivers stand point. I say they are worth it.

You went with the 6000k's? How much of a blue tint do they have? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks.

You went with the 6000k's? How much of a blue tint do they have? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks.

I posted some pics in my where to mount the ballast post in the general section bbut they don't do then lights any justice. I am unsure how to take a good pic of something that bright. The color is like an Icey Blue and thry sure do look good going down the road and I assure anyone if I can do it myself anyone can it took me an hour but only because I had to trim back some pastic at the spot i wanted to mount the ballast. any questions 2006SilverSs was a big help and posted pis of his balast moun which is where I mounted mine. :thumbs: