HID lights

I see the bid has ended, does anyone else know where to get some HID's for cheap?

You don't have to wait for the bid. you can select "Buy Now", which is what I did. Your bidding sometimes takes forever, and you may miss it. Or you can just call them and order. Like I said before, I chose the 8000k because its just the right tone for me. It gives you some pics on the site to choose from. I was emailed the website, thats why I chose them, but there are other sites out there, plus I think there is someone on this site that sells them.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to take any business away from a member, but if he doesn't have any, I got mine in 5000K from this place:

http://www.fashtek.com/

They work great, decent price and I'll NEVER go back to halogen.

Can the bulbs be changed out from different manufacturers? It should be the same socket correct?

yeah, the install is pretty simple. If your even slightly handy you should be able to do it. And if needed, you can always ask for help if you get stuck on something.

I posted some pics in my where to mount the ballast post in the general section bbut they don't do then lights any justice. I am unsure how to take a good pic of something that bright. The color is like an Icey Blue and thry sure do look good going down the road and I assure anyone if I can do it myself anyone can it took me an hour but only because I had to trim back some pastic at the spot i wanted to mount the ballast. any questions 2006SilverSs was a big help and posted pis of his balast moun which is where I mounted mine. :thumbs:

Here's some pics of my 8000k installed, and yeah the pics don't do it any justice. You really have to see them in person. Just kick azz!! I'm not sure if these are 8000k or 12000k. They look alittle purple when they should be a brillent blue. what color do they look to you guys? When I installed them, I had to cut out part of my plastic bracket in the back of the light. The socket kept hitting the plastic piece that locks in the light.

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

Here's some pics of my 8000k installed, and yeah the pics don't do it any justice. You really have to see them in person. Just kick azz!! I'm not sure if these are 8000k or 12000k. They look alittle purple when they should be a brillent blue. what color do they look to you guys? When I installed them, I had to cut out part of my plastic bracket in the back of the light. The socket kept hitting the plastic piece that locks in the light.

The ligts look good :thumbs:. To me they seem to have a hint of purple to them in the pics. But the beam looks good. As for cutting the plastic, both brobradh77 and myself had to do that also to get the plugs to fit correctly. I didn't see it as a big deal though.

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

Aahhh, Im blind. Looks good, can't wait until I get mine.

Yeah, the plastic wasn't a big deal. I just upgraded to the 10000k, he is sending me some in the mail, I'll take some more pics. these sould be really blue! Then I'll decide which ones I'll keep. I just don't like the hint of purple in them, but that's just my preference. He said they will fade just alittle in about a year. I don't drive my truck much, so it might take longer.

Whats with the disclaimer about not having HIGH BEAMS with this KIT?

Do you have to purchase another kit for the Highs as well in order for them to work?

PS anyone who has this exact EBAY kit whats your opinion of it, worth the money? and good quality?

Edited by JaysSilverado (see edit history)

Whats with the disclaimer about not having HIGH BEAMS with this KIT?

Do you have to purchase another kit for the Highs as well in order for them to work?

PS anyone who has this exact EBAY kit whats your opinion of it, worth the money? and good quality?

I don't have the kit mentioned in this thread but I do have the one that bgdsub72 is offering (it's only a couple bucks more). So far I'm really pleased with the kit and the lights work great. As for the high's disclamer... our trucks use separate bulbs for the highs (9005) and lows (9006), and because of this you would really need 2 kits if you wanted to upgrade both. Personally, I didn't see the point since I hardly ever use my highs, and since the light output is good from the HID's you'll most likely rarely use your highs anyway (depending on your driving).

has anyone on this site done both High and Low beam HID Conversion? and who is this bgdsub72 guy/gal, i'm interested in possibly purchasing some!!! but i'm thinkin i want both High and Low

Edited by JaysSilverado (see edit history)

I just replace my 4300k's that I bought from Bgdsub on ebay with some 6000k bulbs I got off another ebay guy (same brand bulbs as the one that came in my kit from bgdsub) and the 6000k's are WAYYYYYY nicer... the 4300ks were bright.. but they were yellow and looked like Halogens on bright ! The 6000's are pure white, with a slight tint of blue.. they look more like HIDs than the 4300's. I took a pic of one headlight with the 4300 and the other with the 6000 .. and you will see what I am talkin about. I will post the pic later.

I just replace my 4300k's that I bought from Bgdsub on ebay with some 6000k bulbs I got off another ebay guy (same brand bulbs as the one that came in my kit from bgdsub) and the 6000k's are WAYYYYYY nicer... the 4300ks were bright.. but they were yellow and looked like Halogens on bright ! The 6000's are pure white, with a slight tint of blue.. they look more like HIDs than the 4300's. I took a pic of one headlight with the 4300 and the other with the 6000 .. and you will see what I am talkin about. I will post the pic later.

yeah the 4300k for some reason does look a lil yellowish

I do agree that the 4300K is pretty yellow looking directly at them, but I'm sure that they also have the most light output. I plan on getting a set of the 6000K bulbs also and installing those at some point.