no license plate warning to day

toolhaulerSS

well i Findley got pulled over for no plate. I left work early because i was sick and i was pulling up to a stoplight and saw the unmarked car at my right checking everyone out. I gave him a glace over and came to a stop at his front bumper he then rolled up and was pointing out the window to pull over. so he tells me it is illegal not to have a front plate and i was like really i didn't know. he was cool and got my info but like a idiot I has my noncurrent insurance card . so i have to send in my proof but he just gave me a warning on the 120 dollar ticket :) so i told him thank you very much and went to the dealer to get the plate bracket. at least i got away with it for 10 months. :thumbs:

Yeah, verbal or written warning? I went 3 years without getting a single warning for the Camaro, my asst. manager got away with only verbal warnings for 4 years, before getting his first written warning. Never saw a written warning before. Anyway, I just put on the front plate, in my opinion, doesn't really matter to much on the SS, I find myself looking at the brake ducts, that I don't notice if you have a plate or not.

i got pulled over in east texas once for no front license plate, the truck was registered in louisiana which only has one plate. they ran me through the computer and found a person with the same name and birthday was wanted in detroit (never been there) for felony homicide. they cuffed me and put me in the back seat, i could see the computer and it said the suspect was 6'2 and african american, me i am 5'9 and white, they hauled me to the county jail and held me for 18 hrs until the detroit pd faxed them a photo. clearly not me. they kicked me out the front door and said have a nice day, i had to hitch a ride 50 miles to where my truck was, pay 120 to get it out of impound and got the hell out of that county.

i got pulled over in east texas once for no front license plate, the truck was registered in louisiana which only has one plate. they ran me through the computer and found a person with the same name and birthday was wanted in detroit (never been there) for felony homicide. they cuffed me and put me in the back seat, i could see the computer and it said the suspect was 6'2 and african american, me i am 5'9 and white, they hauled me to the county jail and held me for 18 hrs until the detroit pd faxed them a photo. clearly not me. they kicked me out the front door and said have a nice day, i had to hitch a ride 50 miles to where my truck was, pay 120 to get it out of impound and got the hell out of that county.

wow, that really sucks. I have to say that I'm glad I don't have a story like that.

I got a ticket from a cop for having no front license plate and that's not the reason why I got pulled over. I got pulled over because I was reving it up to a SS Silverado and he was reving back. We were getting ready to run them. ****en cop came out of nowhere, it was one of those motorcycle cops and he pulled me over and he asked me why I was reving, I told him that I hearing my exhaust cause I barely put it on. He asked me that if I wanted to run that SS. He said I got lucky that if I would have smashed I would have gotten a racing ticket and gotten my car taken away. I told the cop that I told the owner he had a bad ass truck and he just checked my plates and checked for insurance and my license after that he just gave me a citation to put my plate back on. When that cop pulled me over, I thought that I was busted, but he just told me to put the front license plate back on. Have never raced through that street ever again.

Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

Dang "DESERTSS", that is a crazy story dude!!! I would have had to buy a dozen doughnuts and did a burn out on them in front of the police station!!! LOL!!!! It would of kinda made up for a little of that detainment time right? HAHAHA!!! :smash: