Radix info

This seemed to be the best place to ask, my truck just hit 80,000 mi, and I want a radix, with headers, cat-back and CAI that's it, nothing real crazy, would it be in my best interest to not install it with what I think is high mileage, or would my 5.3L be perfectly fine??

Edited by Bad Company (see edit history)

It'll LOVE IT!!!! Put the blower on and let r Eat! peelout.gif

My truck had 70,000 on it when I bought it and it now has 154,000 miles! Just went 12.20 last fall and hoping to break into the 11's in the next couple of months. As long as your engine is in good mechanical condition now, I wouldn't hesitate to put the blower on. That's just me though----good luck.

This seemed to be the best place to ask, my truck just hit 80,000 mi, and I want a radix, with headers, cat-back and CAI that's it, nothing real crazy, would it be in my best interest to not install it with what I think is high mileage, or would my 5.3L be perfectly fine??

That puts me in a sound mind to it, I bought the truck with 18,000 on it and since then have ran full synth oil (royal purple) and flushed the trans (royal purple) and both diffs (also royal purple) truck runs fine, I don't have the evil 706 Castech heads on it and the truck is begging for more, but a part of me was kinda afraid to do it.

Regardless I'm getting the radix because I want it and justifiy it with towing and fuel eco. lol

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious, when I installed the Radix and tuned it with the superchips hand held deal it told me to remove all some kinds of fuses, if I wanna mod the tune in anyway... do I need to remove all those fuses everytime? or just the first time only? :confused:

Cool, next off do any of you're radix trucks rev kinda high when you start it up? like near 2000 rpms? it only does it for a second or two then comes right back down and it shifted a little funny today, from 1st to 2nd was fine, 2nd to 3rd took up to 3000 rpms, then 3rd to 4th was fine, would it be wise to put the superior billet servos in the trans and a HD transgo shift kit or just pony up for a FLT level 5 or 6?

I guess, what burns up in the trans under the radix's power??

Edited by Bad Company (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I know its way late but better late than never...I always had the high idle on start up...Krambo told me it is to clear unspent fuel in the cylinder iirc and that it could be tuned I just opted to leave mine alone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I know its way late but better late than never...I always had the high idle on start up...Krambo told me it is to clear unspent fuel in the cylinder iirc and that it could be tuned I just opted to leave mine alone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Like kissfans03ss stated, it can be tuned out via some startup air tables however, I always liked a quick start "pop" rather than hearing it crank and roll into a start.

If this is a recent issue, look for other physical issues like small air leak etc.

• 1 month later...

Oops my mistake, didnt read closely :shakehead: I would still call Brian here at SCconnection. He is very resourceful and can help you. Yes he will get you going with a complete setup. He has a used TVS1900 avaialble today for 03-06. I'd call him and see. Tell him Aaron referred you.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)