Stock battery finally said "NO MORE"

Krambo

Well the stocker was good for 4 years and 40K but she finally will not hold a charge overnight. I had it on the charger for 10 hrs but she wouldn't come back. I upgraded to the Optima Yellow Top. The OYT weighed in 4.5 pounds heavier than the stocker. I have let my battery go to zero charge at least 10 times which doesn't help the situation.

So does everyone else have the stocker yet?

I trashed it, it was doing ok but I was upgrading the audio so I just figured better to get a yellow top now. Truth be told I bought it originally because I was replacing someone elses battery who died. However that did not end up happening. Either way worthwhile mod.

My stocker has about 56K on her and still going. I've got a small audio setup(kenwood amp & 2 MTX subs). I guess when the time comes I'll replace it with a better battery. I also have the stock tires but I'm trying to burn through those with the maggie :driving:

Still have my stocker, will replace with a DieHard when it is totally dead. I got a solar batter charging thing that I keep on the dash to keep things charged, so far that thing has been doing a real good job, my truck sits for days and even weeks before driving again.

Replaced mine recently. Got about 3yrs/30k out of it. FYI When it died, I searched this forum. I thought I found a thread of people complaining of only getting 3yrs out of the stock battery.

By the way, found replacement batts at Sam's for a little less than $50 IIRC.