HID Ballast

brobradh77

So is it much brighter/clearer than the halogens?

Both it literally lights up the entire road all around you and its easier on the eyes. I really noticed it when driving next to people with regular lights. Night and day difference and I have 6000K. I could not imagine how bright the 4300K are.

I have to say, the 4300K's are pretty darn bright :D

Is everyone installing the HID kits into the stock headlights? Is there any problem with

overheating or bad beam patterns?

Also does anyone make a quality projector headlight setup for HID? I would prefer not

to get headlights with halo rings or LED corner markers.

Thanks

Is everyone installing the HID kits into the stock headlights? Is there any problem with

Also does anyone make a quality projector headlight setup for HID? I would prefer not

to get headlights with halo rings or LED corner markers.

Thanks

I know there is a company that makes them for the 99-02 trucks, 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban, but not for 03-06 trucks. It's like an $800 kit.

Thanks

Yes, most of us are using the stock headlamp housing when installing the HID's. So far there haven't been any issues as the HID bulbs actually run at a lower wattage than a normal halogen bulb, 35W (HID) compared to 55W (halogen) if I'm not mistaken.

The beam pattern isn't bad, pretty comparable to what the halogens throw out... it's no crisp clean projector pattern that's for sure.

As for your other question, CoolBlueSS answered it better than I could.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

I just installed my hids yesterday, although not the ones bgsdub is selling. What an amazing difference! :cool: I did hi-beam and low-beam hids. They are McCulloch 6000k lows, and McCulloch 8000k hi's. It was a much more of a PITA since I had to mount 4 ballasts instead of 2. It took me 1/2 a day because I made special brackets and had to do some grinding to get the ballasts and wiring to fit. Also had to do a bit of soldering. I did the 4-hi diode trick (for a 4 headlights on at the same time,) and soldered the power wiring for my oem lamps into my hids. I could have done it quicker but wanted to make sure everything was done topnotch. Here are some pictures of the ballasts installed. I will post some nightime pics later with the lamps on.

post-7238-1177196563_thumb.jpg

post-7238-1177196626_thumb.jpg

post-7238-1177196735_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
I just installed my hids yesterday, although not the ones bgsdub is selling. What an amazing difference! :cool: I did hi-beam and low-beam hids. They are McCulloch 6000k lows, and McCulloch 8000k hi's. It was a much more of a PITA since I had to mount 4 ballasts instead of 2. It took me 1/2 a day because I made special brackets and had to do some grinding to get the ballasts and wiring to fit. Also had to do a bit of soldering. I did the 4-hi diode trick (for a 4 headlights on at the same time,) and soldered the power wiring for my oem lamps into my hids. I could have done it quicker but wanted to make sure everything was done topnotch. Here are some pictures of the ballasts installed. I will post some nightime pics later with the lamps on.

do you have any pictures of the lights on and working with the HI/LOW Diode, and with just Highs seperate with out lows on? I'd like to see what the difference is for the High beams. I've got Low beams, but am curious what the Highs look like for HIDs?