My weekly rant about the price of gas lol

SSThunder

the prices just went up here in the last week as well..... i was paying like $2.70 for 93 and now its near $3.40, so i DO feel ur pain mr. west coast lol!! i feel more pain than most all of you, look at my damn mods :cry: i get near 10 mpg average IF IM LUCKY...... :mad: and i might add thats half highway driving...... stupid POS torque converter destroyed my highway milage, and it didnt do sh!t on the track. (as if i didnt have enough traction issues @ 517rwtq)

I usually average about 12 or 13 mpg, mostly highway miles, and have no where near the mods that you do (although I wish I did :P). I love driving my truck, but I'm also starting to think that getting a motorcycle license and investing in a bike might be a good idea.

Everyone complains about gas prices, but I have never heard anybody say "Well it's our own fault, yes It's us the american voters - we put an oil baron in as president and were suprised gas prices went up!"

Pretty stupid - the american voters asked for it! And they got IT!

What pisses me off the most is here in indiana we pay like $0.38/gal road tax but our roads are shitty, they claim we don't have the money to fix them and we just sold our tool road - WHERE IS THE MONEY! Too many politicians have skimmed it off the top. Too many asphault companies have received kickbacks and have made their families rather wealthy off not properly constructing roads to guarentee future work cause they know that tax will always be there to line thier pockets!

We can send people to the moon, but we can't make a road that is smooth and lasts - well we can we just choose not to! They fill the holes but 2-3 days later they are right back to holes - WASTE OF MY TAX MONEY. But for some reason unbenonced me we keep throwing it away. Well tha county road employees love it - easy money. Most of the road crews are union and even the people holding the signs make over $20/hour. I could see paying that if these people were experts at making roads but i feel they have prooved that they are incompetent and can't make even a smooth road - so why pay a professional price for less than satisfactory road quality!

If the roads were smoother, flatter, and did not have holes everyones miles/gallion would go up. Road roughness affects the rolling resistance of a vehicle - the EPA fights for auto makers to make "Cleaner engines" and subsidizes most of these programs. If we took out a few stop signs, put some thought into traffic flow when designing our infastructure the whole country's oil consumption could be drastically reduced. But that would take work on the part of the government, well they are lazy so they just pawn it off on the auto makers? Is this fair? When the properties of the infastructure are partially responsible for excess waste in fuel?

Just my 2 cents - probably just my distorted thoughts......

Edited by Bigbadbrock (see edit history)

Everyone complains about gas prices, but I have never heard anybody say "Well it's our own fault, yes It's us the american voters - we put an oil baron in as president and were suprised gas prices went up!"

Pretty stupid - the american voters asked for it! And they got IT!

What pisses me off the most is here in indiana we pay like $0.38/gal road tax but our roads are shitty, they claim we don't have the money to fix them and we just sold our tool road - WHERE IS THE MONEY! Too many politicians have skimmed it off the top. Too many asphault companies have received kickbacks and have made their families rather wealthy off not properly constructing roads to guarentee future work cause they know that tax will always be there to line thier pockets!

We can send people to the moon, but we can't make a road that is smooth and lasts - well we can we just choose not to! They fill the holes but 2-3 days later they are right back to holes - WASTE OF MY TAX MONEY. But for some reason unbenonced me we keep throwing it away. Well tha county road employees love it - easy money. Most of the road crews are union and even the people holding the signs make over $20/hour. I could see paying that if these people were experts at making roads but i feel they have prooved that they are incompetent and can't make even a smooth road - so why pay a professional price for less than satisfactory road quality!

If the roads were smoother, flatter, and did not have holes everyones miles/gallion would go up. Road roughness affects the rolling resistance of a vehicle - the EPA fights for auto makers to make "Cleaner engines" and subsidizes most of these programs. If we took out a few stop signs, put some thought into traffic flow when designing our infastructure the whole country's oil consumption could be drastically reduced. But that would take work on the part of the government, well they are lazy so they just pawn it off on the auto makers? Is this fair? When the properties of the infastructure are partially responsible for excess waste in fuel?

Just my 2 cents - probably just my distorted thoughts......

It's the same way here in Charlotte ... we pay HUT (Highway Use Tax) ... and there's sections of highway around Charlotte that are in need of major work ... and they've been that way for YEARS ...

So ... who, as tax paying citizens do we report to about our problems? Whatever happened to "No taxation w/o Representation" ... I certainly agree with you ... I see no representation whatsoever when taxes go up and benefits remain the same, or even go down ... :banghead:

road roughness? Come on.... If people would pull there head out there ass and realize we have just as much oil as everyone else and the fn moose and caribou would not become extinct if we just started refining and producing more here, we might be able to rely on ourselves.... crazy concept I know! Then again, I guess after we use up all there oil, we'll be the ones laughing all the way to the bank!

And I'm sure President Bush has lots of influence over OPEC :rolleyes:

road roughness? Come on.... If people would pull there head out there ass and realize we have just as much oil as everyone else and the fn moose and caribou would not become extinct if we just started refining and producing more here, we might be able to rely on ourselves.... crazy concept I know! Then again, I guess after we use up all there oil, we'll be the ones laughing all the way to the bank!

And I'm sure President Bush has lots of influence over OPEC :rolleyes:

Thats true, we could refine our oil here, but it might be more expensive. Not the actual process but just starting to do it. Getting everything we need in order to do it. But in a couple of yrs we would be able to see real good progress.

It comes down to this.......the oil prices are just a game to f*ck the consumer out of his hard earned money. Yeah oil prices per barrel are sinking, but prices here in NY are still climbing daily. 93 octane is around $3.20 to $3.35 a gallon here. Blaming high prices on natural disasters or problems overseas is just :icon_bs: The government isn't going to do anything about it because they are sitting back filling their pockets just like the oil companies have been. Like I said it is a friggin game of chess and we are the pawns. :nonod: