Happy birthday

drako

Well today is my b-day. I am swamped with work and actually forgot today was my birthday. To add to it my phone was off so I was meandering about until my mom and dad came and wished me the happy birthday. So anyways in a few weeks I will actually celebrate it, woot woot.

Well the purpose of this thread is to find out if anything cool/bad/important happened on the date of your birth.

I searched April 19 and came out with a few things. Wikipedia has the most info from my quick search on google.

Heres a have at the ones that strike me

1529 - At the Second Diet of Speyer, a group of rulers (German: Fürst) and independent cities (German: Reichsstadt) protests the reinstatement of the Edict of Worms, beginning the Protestant movement.

1587 - Sir Francis Drake sinks the Spanish fleet in Cádiz harbor.

1775 - American Revolutionary War: The Battle of Lexington and Concord which began the American Revolutionary War. :flag:

1839 - The Treaty of London establishes Belgium as a kingdom.

1861 - American Civil War: Baltimore riot of 1861, a pro-Secession mob in Baltimore, Maryland, attacks United States Army troops marching through the city.

1892 - Charles Duryea claims to have driven the first automobile in the United States, in Springfield, Massachusetts.

1936 - First day of the Great Uprising in Palestine.

1943 - World War II: In Poland, German troops enter the Warsaw ghetto to round up the remaining Jews, beginning the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.

1961 - The Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba ends in failure.

1971 - Vietnam War: Vietnam Veterans Against the War begin a five-day demonstration in Washington, DC.

1987 - The Simpsons make their television debut in the short "Good Night" a segment for The Tracey Ullman Show.

1989 - A gun turret explodes on the USS Iowa, killing 47 sailors.

1993 - The 51-day siege of the Branch Davidian building outside Waco, Texas, USA, ends when a fire breaks out. Eighty-one people die.

1995 - Oklahoma City bombing: The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, is bombed, killing 168. That same day convicted murder Richard Wayne Snell, who had ties to bombing suspect Timothy McVeigh, was executed in Arkansas.

So what happened on your birthday?

I was born April 9th, 1983..... This is all I could find.

1940: Germany invades Norway

During World War II, Nazi Germany invades neutral Norway, surprising the Norwegian and British defenders of the country and capturing several strategic points along the Norwegian coast. During the invasion's preliminary phase, Norwegian fascists under Vidkun Quisling acted as a so-called fifth column for the German invaders, seizing Norway's nerve centers, spreading false rumors, and occupying military bases and other locations. In June, Norway fell to the Nazis. Quisling was made head of a puppet government, but was vigorously opposed by the Norwegian resistance, the most effective resistance movement in all of Nazi-occupied Europe. After the German surrender in May 1945, he was arrested, convicted of high treason, and shot. From his name comes the word quisling, meaning traitor in several languages.

English trainer Jenny Pitman becomes the first woman to train the winner of the Grand National - Corbiere - at Aintree, Liverpool.

Maiden flight of the British-built supersonic airliner, Concorde.

The American warship USS Liberty explodes in Bari Habour, Italy killing more than 350.

World War II: Charles de Gaulle, in exile in England, is appointed leader of the Free French Government.

World War II: Germany invades Denmark.

Confederate General Robert E.Lee surrenders to General Grant in Virginia bringing the American Civil War to a close.

Opening of the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square, London.

English explorer Captain Cook discovers Australia

-K-

Happy B-Day Jose :cheers:

I have not checked wikpedia for info on my birthday, but I did find this:

The 3rd Man in History to Walk on Water

The 1st one was Jesus...

The 2nd one was Peter (the apostle)...

Then there was this guy .......Jose

post-4532-1177035471_thumb.jpg

:jester:

feb 17th......... i was born..... isnt that enough damage to the world

1753 - February 17 is followed by March 1 as Sweden moves to the Gregorian from the Julian calendar.

1864 - American Civil War: H. L. Hunley becomes the first submarine to engage and sink a warship, the USS Housatonic.

1865 - American Civil War: Columbia, South Carolina burned as Confederate forces flee from advancing Union forces.

1867 - The first ship passes through the Suez Canal.

1924 - In Miami, Florida, Johnny Weissmuller sets a new world record in the 100-yard freestyle swimming competition with a time of 52-2/5 seconds.

1933 - The Blaine Act ends Prohibition in the United States.

1964 - In Wesberry v. Sanders the Supreme Court of the United States rules that congressional districts have to be approximately equal in population.

1968 - In Springfield, Massachusetts the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame opens.

1972 - Sales of the Volkswagen Beetle model exceed those of Ford Model-T.

1974 - Robert K. Preston, a disgruntled U.S. Army private, buzzes the White House with a stolen helicopter.

1992 - A court in Milwaukee, Wisconsin sentences serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer to life in prison.

1995 - Colin Ferguson is convicted of six counts of murder for the December 1993 Long Island Rail Road shootings and later receives a 200+ year sentence.

1995 - The Cenepa War between Peru and Ecuador ends on a cease-fire brokered by the UN.

1996 - In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, world champion Garry Kasparov beats the Deep Blue supercomputer in a chess match.

2000 - Microsoft released the Windows 2000 computer operating system.

2006 - Over 1,000 people perished and buried alive in the town of St. Bernard in Southern Leyte, Philippines mudslide.

BIRTHS

1844 - Aaron Montgomery Ward, American department store founder (d. 1913)

1922 - Marshall Teague, American race car driver (d. 1959)

1932 - Buck Trent, American banjo player

1936 - Jim Brown, American football player

1956 - Richard Karn, American actor

1962 - Lou Diamond Phillips, American actor

1963 - Michael Jordan, American basketball player

1963 - Daniel Whitney, aka Larry the Cable Guy, American comedian

1971 - Denise Richards, American actress

1981 - Paris Hilton, American actress and heiress

Edited by desertss (see edit history)