Sub Idea

i was thinking of how could i put a sub in without losing floor space, bed space, or cuttin up my dash for a stealth sub. So, I came up with 2 ideas.. are these feasable.

1) get a NOS bazooka tube sub and attach it on the piller next to the back window, slightly above the seat.. gives it that actual install look

or

2) install a sub, or two subs, inside each of the rear doors.

i welcome any other suggestions. id like it to not be so noticible, but i cant use the floor, cuz i have the underseat storage box there, and i dont want to cut up the center console.

hmmm....my only real advice is to ditch the storage box, get a single 10 or 12 and use the other side of the custom box for storage. I mean technically you can kinda put in the sub in the rear doors...kinda....however you would need to fab up a lot of stuff to get it to be properly mounted. furthermore you have to seal the door. But like reallllly seal it. You might have to cut the door too...meh. Dont think its worth it. I say if you just want to keep space upgrade the mid bass speakers, put like a 6 or maybe if you can fit it...but doubt it a 8 inch in the doors or in a kickpanel. Amp em. It wont be deep bass. But it willbe nice. Especially if everything is properly deadened. another thing you can try is to measure the space in the back wall and the seat....try and put a crew cab bazooka tube....

If you want some serious bass, stay away from the tubes. I agree with the previous...only use 1/2 the storage and use the other 1/2 for a single 10" sub. I had 2 8's under the rear seat of my F150 for a while and it sounded excellent.

i dont want to lose the storage box, i love that box, its really handy.

so i guess im stuck with staying with the stock bose sub.. i wish i could just get a direct upgrade for it.

i do have a nice earthquake amp that works great.. can i upgrade the bose amp to this amp, and then upgrade the stock speakers?

sorry, not too familiar with teh SSS, where is the bose sub located? It might be possible to replace the Bose sub with something better and then use a different amp on it. In my experience with Bose, they make crap and they use odd impedances on their equipment, so matching a sub to their amp or vice versa might be difficult

the sub is in the center colsole its a 6.5 and I REALLY dont think changing it and adding a different amp would do you any good. I think for a factory 6.5 it beats it up pretty good.. as for adding a sub what do you really put in the storage box? also you COULD get a box that goes on the seat or takes up the foot room on one side in the rear and just disconnect it when you need the room OR if you wanted to get really cool and spend a little cash you could cut a whole in the floor and do an infinent(sp) baffle 12 in the floor and you could probably put the storage box back over that or modify it so u can BUT it would shake the chrap out of anything you put in there as well as the rest of the truck :D

Your screwed. If you dont want to put a stealth box, dont want to put it under your seat, dont want to put it just inside the truck, etc etc. There has to be some comprimise with a sub. My last suggestion is to upgrade all of your speakers, get a jl cleansweep and power it with an amp. Sound deaden your doors and maybe get a three way setup. 1 6.5 mid woofer and another 5 inch along with a tweeter on each door.

You would be surprised what a good 6.5" woofer could put out. Just an example...but look at this:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_i...;products_id=33

Not sure what the enclosure for the Bose sub looks like, but maybe you could even fit an 8" woofer in there. Some good components in the front doors with well deadend and sealed door will do wonders as well.

You would be surprised what a good 6.5" woofer could put out. Just an example...but look at this:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_i...;products_id=33

Not sure what the enclosure for the Bose sub looks like, but maybe you could even fit an 8" woofer in there. Some good components in the front doors with well deadend and sealed door will do wonders as well.

no doubt a 6.5 can be badass you can do a dual banpass box that will hammer with just 6.5's but its all about the box.. the factory box will not except an 8 without heavy modification and if u change the sub then the box will no longer be properly tuned

how about just using some BOSE headphones... they will improve bass :yellow_loser:

Edited by Chevrolet SS (see edit history)

Take a look at JL Audio's stealth boxes. If you really don't want to lose the storage box, you can get one for the center consoul. You'll lose the rear AC/Heat vents, but the rest of it will remain factory looking, and functioning, like the rear power outlet, and the rear cup-holders, ect. Talk to a custom car shop. Their is new truck speakers that is only a couple of inches deep... I've seen them placed under the front seats, just not power seats like the SS has.... BUT, those very slim speakers... may be able to mount a box to the top of the cab, but you'll need support down the sides to hold it up.

Yes, dumb idea, but if it works, is it really dumb?