EGr Valve

brobradh77

I made a post about a week ago about how bad my truck was idleing and thought it was the MAF so I cleaned it and it worked shortly but my neighbor told me it is probably the EGR Valve by tghe way it idles and lags a bit. He said they get filled with carbon deposits and just needs to be replaced. I have never heard of these valves but I am no mechANIC so has anyone heard of these and could a clogged one cause my ideling issues?

Thanks

if I am not mistaken, if there is a problem with your EGR, the PCM should throw a code

and an SES light.................

You would think but my truck is not throwing any coes my mechanic is going to look at it wed. He thinks it could be a bad o2 sensor and that they wont always throw a code if they go out. My truck is under warranty but don't want my to go through the hassle of changing PCM's so I will let him fix it plus I trust him more. I have done a search and some say the 03's have no EGR valve and mine is an 06 so maybe I don't even have one. :dunno:

You would think but my truck is not throwing any coes my mechanic is going to look at it wed. He thinks it could be a bad o2 sensor and that they wont always throw a code if they go out. My truck is under warranty but don't want my to go through the hassle of changing PCM's so I will let him fix it plus I trust him more. I have done a search and some say the 03's have no EGR valve and mine is an 06 so maybe I don't even have one. :dunno:

2003 + have no egr. Atleast the 6.0l in the SS and VHO trucks.

2003 + have no egr. Atleast the 6.0l in the SS and VHO trucks.

I talked to my tuner and he said the throttle blades may be a bit confused at idle so just unplug the battery for a minute and reset the PCM and see if that helps.