Looking for Headlight (+) wire for navigation!

torres1708

I recently bought a navigation system that has the option to automatically turn to night mode and dim the screen when it senses a positive current given by the headlights when they are on.... Can anyone tell me where I can find this wire inside the truck. I don't want to run a wire all the way from the headlight. Also I looked in the actual headlight switch for it and couldn't find it, probably because my lights automatically go on because of the sensor. So if anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.....

On mine, they had to splice into a wire in the driver kick panel. The problem is, I must actually turn the highlight switch to either parking, or full on to make the in-dash screen go into night mode, cause it doesn't do it with the automatic.

illumination can be pulled off the A/C panel.... its the brown wire on the harness going into the a/c control box

EDIT: this works with manual or automatic lighting :thumbs:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

illumination can be pulled off the A/C panel.... its the brown wire on the harness going into the a/c control box

EDIT: this works with manual or automatic lighting :thumbs:

I don't know why I didn't think about that..... That should definitely work. Thanks.