Radix guys with fuel pressure gauge

BenKey

Guys that have the fuel pressure gauge with the Radix, could you please post a pic where it is attached? I believe I know where, but would like to make sure.

Putting on new gauges within the next week or so. Thanks.

There should be a brass plug on the drivers side fuel rail in the middle. Unscrew and your sending unit should screw right in.

Ben what kind of Injector Pulse Width's are you seeing with your truck?

I'll check that on the fuel rail, thanks.

If you can tell me how to get the pulse widths, I'll pass them to you. I have EASE and EFIlive now. Haven't had time to play with EFIlive much. PM me and let me know.

Here are the PID's needed to tune with at least the ones I've been using. Be sure to get them in this order Ben. It's easier to load them into a spreadsheet to work on.

Parameter Description

1 Degress of KR

2 engine speed (RPM)

3 Throttle Position as a % of 1-100

4 Current fuel trim cell PCM is using and data is being compared against

5 Degrees of timing advancement on cyl 1

6 long-term fuel trim for bank 1

7 long-term fuel trim for bank 2

8 Input air temperature

9 Avg injector pulse width bank 1

10 Avg injector pulse width bank 2

11 Air Flow Rate MAF Sensor in lb/min

12 Vehicle speed sensor output

13 Intake manifold pressure measured in In/hg

14 Engine coolant temperature

15 Heated O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Voltage

16 Heated 02 Bank 2 Sensor 1 Voltage

17 misfire indicator

18 Delivered torque, as seen by the PCM (only reported by EASE - even then its questionable as to its worth. Scaling of the MAF table will have a direct report on what this value reports, so it's best to take it with a grain of salt, IMHO.)

19 Perceived engine load, expressed as a % of 1-100

20 Mass Air Flow Raw Input Frequency in Hz

21 Air Flow Rate MAF Sensor in gm/sec

Finally got everything I needed to install my sending unit into the fuel rail. I went against the norm on here, except for Dave and his temp gauge, and ordered a Dakota Digital fuel pressure gauge.

The hole in the fuel rail left from removing the plug from the Radix is a -6AN flare fitting. The fitting on the sending unit for my gauge is a 1/8" NPT. There is not a fitting to take one to the other, at least not that I, or anyone else could find. It had to be a male -6AN flare to a female 1/8" NPT. So, I ended up going to a inline -6AN gauge adapter to do the trick. It has the 1/8"NPT hole in the adapter for a gauge, and I had to get an AN plug for the other end of the adapter.

Just in case anyone else wanted to go with the Dakota gauges.

Archived