New Corsa Exhaust...

wildhawker

Well, box #1 of 2 showed up today. In it was the pipe portion of the Corsa #14240 exhaust system (Corsa Sport for 6.0L 1500 Classic Crew). After pulling it all out, all I can say is- damn!

I'm so ready for Mr. Sawzall tomorrow when the muffler shows up. 3:00PM sharp, I'm on my way to a friends place to make the swap. Now, if I can find my Sony digital voice recorder, maybe I can take some sound clips before and after... I'll see what I can do. Someone will have to help me put up sounds here, I'm clueless in such ways.

So, because I simply cannot wait another minute, here's two pics of the kit so far.

post-11012-1177373344_thumb.jpg

post-11012-1177373359_thumb.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, she went on today. One hour later, and it was time to fire-up. I had my buddy stand about 10 feet back off the right side as I brought it up slowly from idle.

Idle- nothing spectacular, nice and open, but a mellow note.

1500- nothing much, but a little louder than stock with a slightly deeper tone.

2500- getting pretty full, but manageable (nothing like the old Flows)

3500- "What did you say?" "Kinda loud, might piss the neighbors off!" (good thing I was at HIS place!)

Rev to WOT- Holy...

He went from unimpressed to, say, a schtuff-eating-grin in about 10 seconds.

Me- I'm still smiling!

The fit and finish is wonderful, and absolutely no drone at cruise. Exactly what I was going for. Thank you all so much for this GREAT advice. Tomorrow, I'll get my digital voice recorder out and take some clips to post. Until then, time to dream about sweet, raspy exhaust sounds and the soon to be delivered (hopefully?)

Outlaw CAI.

-Brandon

Have fun trying to keep the inside all shiney... I gave up after about three washes :nonod:

Next task - mask off the outside and spray the inside of the tips with high-temp black paint... I hate seeing the tubing inside them. Picky, I know. I hear you on the "shiney", but what can you do?!

Next task - mask off the outside and spray the inside of the tips with high-temp black paint... I hate seeing the tubing inside them. Picky, I know. I hear you on the "shiney", but what can you do?!

i don't mind cleaning my tips. i clean my rims everyday and do the tips as well. gotta keep em blingin.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)