Deleting threads in the for sale forum.

drako

Question

IDEA!

Sometimes in the for sale forum threads get bumped that are about a year old (i have been guilty of it too)

To clean the place up a bit, when you sell the item why dont you have the option of deleting the thread?

9 answers to this question

Drako,

I see where you're coming from but we really don't want to delete any threads. Even when mods delete a thread for getting out of hand or whatever it actually does not get deleted it just gets moved to a special section where only mods and admins can see it. The reason for this is we do not want data loss even for old posts. Also, this would decrease members post counts for members that posted in the thread. What is someone has the same or similar item that they want to sell and want to look back to see what others have sold them for? Things like that is why we don't really want to delete posts. My suggestion is that the seller or the buyer just come back to the thread and type in "SOLD".

josh

You can't edit a post anymore ... it was taken away

I guess you can add a post at the end of the topic but often people don't read the entire topic before they respond.

You can't edit a post anymore ... it was taken away

I guess you can add a post at the end of the topic but often people don't read the entire topic before they respond.

You can edit a post in the first few hours. There was an explanation a while back. :cheers:

The explaination was so people would think about what they type, since after a few minutes it would not be able to be edited.

I think this is a stupid idea based on good reasoning. I understand what they are trying to accomplish but I think the cost outweights the good in this case.

:cheers:

And I didnt know about the "special" forum.

What else you got in that special place?? :crackup:

Oh, we talk about you guys :P

:jester:

Actually, it is pretty boring. One forum is a "trash bin" for removed threads, another where we discuss how to be consistant in enforcing the rules, etc.