Squeel between 1st and 2nd shift

vmax2fast

Ever since installing my Zippy tune, when shifting at WOT I get a squeel that kinda sounds like my belt is slipping over some pulleys or something. A tranny builder from AAMCO that I took for a ride once told me it was air getting trapped in the manifold or some crap like that and that his dually 6.0 did the same thing. I think I'm still trying to get that smoke out of my ass... The manager of the same AAMCO swears its the tires but it doesn't chirp em unless I'm on concrete, and it sounds way different ( at least to me) What do you guys think? If necessary I'll see if I can get a vid clip where you can here it.... TIA

Brian

There seems to be several factors that contribute to this belt spillage between shifts. The type of belt, how well the tensioner is working, and Torque management. By leaving a small amount of TM in, using a shift kit, and a torque converter, this problem can be 98% eliminated.

CD

• 3 weeks later...

It's the belt, mine does it and it scared the crap out of me at first. I thought it sounded like fluid forced through an orifice at high pressure and thought maybe something with the tranny build was wrong. The engine goes from 6,100 rpm back to 3,200 or so, so freaking fast with the shift kit the belt can't make that speed change fast enough and it chirps. That's my theory anyway.