Made the Converter Plunge

Well i walked into MTI today to pick up my T/A performance rear cover and i inveitably spent money. So i had them order my PI Vig 3200 10.5" Triple Disk. So hopefully in 2 weeks or so when it comes in i will be one stalled mother. :driving:

Now onto the question of the hour. How long will my 4l60e last behind my stall??? or should i just bite the bullet and order my FLT Level 4 and be done. i was gonna put servos and a shift kit in but i figured i'd be better off in a level 4 for 2 grand instead of 3 new 4l60e's.

Ya'll are the experts so let me know. :judge:

i just got off the phone with PI and they told me the highest they can take my 10.5 is 3000???

I have the FLT 4 behind the converter and so far so good, i would recommend it, of coarse i had already cracked the accumulator piston and burned up second gear in the stock one so i had no choice.

Bra

I talked with Dave over at Yank this week. He highly recommended the Pro Truck 3200 for my combo. He said it would tow 9,000 lbs and still stall up under heavy load. I pull about 2,000lbs 2-3 times a week. And through the end of this month, you get a 36,00lb trans cooler free with purchase. I was looking at the Truck Thruster 3000 but it is not as heavy duty as the Pro Truck 3200. Price is $945 shipped, but that comes with the tranny cooler too so, I guess for a real performance converter, it ain't bad. I will order Monday. I'll let you guys know how it does. They claim about .5 second in the 1/4. As far as my tranny, a friend built it for me, all parts were about $400 not including the TB converter. That's a complete overhaul kit with HP clutches, billet servos, Kevlar 2-4 band, "Beast" shell, Transgo Shift kit. This combo is good for over 500 HP from what I was told.