Aftermarket Harmonic Balancer

anybody know of any aftermarket balancers that are the same size as stock or larger? all i can find is smaller ones, and i am in HIGH demand for one.

i have been spinning my balancer for so long, that recently it barely builds boost. finally pinned it today, ARP bolt, and threw the stocker out and replaced it. after installing it, giving the loctite time to dry (been thru three bolts coming loose, all coated in RED loctite). started it up, and it was perfectly round. drove home real hard, near constant boost lol. popped the hood, its wobbling already!!!! its tight as can be........... its the outer pulley wobbling due to the cheap @ss plastic. i guess stockers just dont stand up to these power levels.

anybody know of any aftermarket balancers that are the same size as stock or larger? all i can find is smaller ones, and i am in HIGH demand for one.

i have been spinning my balancer for so long, that recently it barely builds boost. finally pinned it today, ARP bolt, and threw the stocker out and replaced it. after installing it, giving the loctite time to dry (been thru three bolts coming loose, all coated in RED loctite). started it up, and it was perfectly round. drove home real hard, near constant boost lol. popped the hood, its wobbling already!!!! its tight as can be........... its the outer pulley wobbling due to the cheap @ss plastic. i guess stockers just dont stand up to these power levels.

Why "or larger"? There are a few good aftermarket balancers- Fluidampr, TCI Rattler, among others.

or larger because if i make a lb more boost and get colder a/c i really dont mind.

i am familiar with those and other companies, im just having a hard time finding a truck balancer, and even more difficult, stock diameter.

im pretty sure ati makes one.

they make several in the stock size for the vette, but the only truck/suv they make one for is the tahoe 4.8/5.3.... it should be the same balancer, but i dont remeber. do you have a stock balancer? there is no way its gunna stand up to your power levels either

they make several in the stock size for the vette, but the only truck/suv they make one for is the tahoe 4.8/5.3.... it should be the same balancer, but i dont remeber. do you have a stock balancer? there is no way its gunna stand up to your power levels either

I guess I don't understand why you need a "stock size" balancer... we used to run lots of spray and FI setups on aftermarket Fluids, etc. just fine. That being said, maybe there's something I am missing here.

i thought it was rpms not horsepower that can kill balancers. im going to use the stock one now but if it does go out and trans does too im going to change the balancer and the flexplate.

i need a stock size because f'ing with the size changes the speeds of the other accessories (mainly worried about boost). if you reduce the crank pulley, everything slows down. if you make it larger, everything speeds up..... so i prefer stock size, not changing the speed of anything

chase- it doesnt really "go out", the rubber material that holds the main part and the outer ring tends to distort on higher hp/rpm vehicles (rpm being the greatest factor). the truck balancer really doesnt like to spin past 6100, especially with added load. pinning it really helps, but it doesnt change the wobbling factor, which we cant get arround

i need a stock size because f'ing with the size changes the speeds of the other accessories (mainly worried about boost). if you reduce the crank pulley, everything slows down. if you make it larger, everything speeds up..... so i prefer stock size, not changing the speed of anything

chase- it doesnt really "go out", the rubber material that holds the main part and the outer ring tends to distort on higher hp/rpm vehicles (rpm being the greatest factor). the truck balancer really doesnt like to spin past 6100, especially with added load. pinning it really helps, but it doesnt change the wobbling factor, which we cant get arround

Sorry for the confusion- I just went out and saw that the pulley and balancer were combined on these new motors... geeze, I feel outdated. I'm used to bolting up the pulley to the balancer. Hence, the confusion. Good luck!