It's Official

GM's not out of the fight yet; I expect the same thing as what happened in the 80's with the imports, they'll outdo the foreign companies but it will take time. But I also expect GM's everyday performance offerings to go onto the back burner until they are doing well again.Mr. P.

gm needs to build better front wheel drive cars that can compete with the imports. i love america as much as the next guy but when it came time to for me and the wife to get a new car we ended up with a new honda accord since it was the best choice in the segment we were looking in. other choices were the passat/camry/g6/mazda 6 and a couple others.

and this is a serious point. i test drove them all personally and the pontiac was far and away the cheapest feeling of them all. it had average power and i liked the instrument panel but the repair rating and expected depreciation were horrible against the accord/camry/passat. the mazda was pretty cheap feeling inside too but it didnt rattle and shake over every bump like the g6. even though i thought the pontiac was one of the better looking choices of the above.

so until gm can come up with an equivelant quality vehicle to compete with the toyota's and honda's of the world, this unfortunately will continue for years to come. :shakehead:

A big chunk is beating the mentality that people have been accustomed to. I know people who will "never buy american" Because they have had a bad experience in the 80's or early 90's . Then they tell their friends and so on and so on. Second thing they have to beat is to get better dealerships. Jesus Christ, I am scared of going to the dealer for ANYTHING. I may just drive up to kelley Chevrolet (its 0ver 40 miles) then the 4 other dealerships around here just because I know the guy. And its over astupid seat squeak.

When I bought my SS it did not come with the factory floor mats, so they said that the SS comes with special floor mats and they will be on order. 2 weeks came, no in yet, then another and another and by that time they forgot who I was and I just did not have the time.

so this is worldwide right?

anyone know the numbers for the US? I doubt Toyota is king here.

No but it is the major market share they have taken in this country which has allowed them to become number one. Makes me want to puke with these so called americans who see nothing wrong with sending their money to japan! No one gives a crap anymore, these people are killing the country they live in and plain just dont give a @#@$!

A big chunk is beating the mentality that people have been accustomed to. I know people who will "never buy american" Because they have had a bad experience in the 80's or early 90's . Then they tell their friends and so on and so on. Second thing they have to beat is to get better dealerships. Jesus Christ, I am scared of going to the dealer for ANYTHING.

:withstupid:

I had to go to 3 GM Dealerships to get the threaded sleeves for my tailgate protector ... the first didn't stock them, the 2nd one only had 2 (I needed 4) and the third finally had all 4, but they were different than the first 2 I originally got ... :mad:

I really don't understand how much confusion can be caused by 1 part number ... and man, were they expensive. The screws for these sleeves were even more expensive, though. They were about 2" in length, had a torx head and a washer ... but cost me almost $5 each! :banghead: