tinted tails

BlackSS04

i was looking at my tails today when my buddy was hittin the brake for me, and i have to say that they are not that bright during the day. this does not sit well with me. cops could easily give me shit about them if their behind me, and if someone's driving like an ass behind me and i have to throw on the brakes because of some deuch, i'll get rear-ended. people will have a hard time seeing my brake lights during the day, thats for damn sure. all i have is the 3rd brake light for them in daylight and i am planning on tinting that too.

what to do? i was thinking of tinting the 3rd brake light and getting the line of fire on the tailgate. i'm not a big fan of the line of fire either, but it seems like my only option if i want to keep them. what're yall thankin?

pics of the tails are in my sig if you haven't seen them already.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

i say go with the line of fire. im going with the fire and ice, has the revers lights built in. im going to wire something up that the runninng lights only go on at night and dont always stay on like others i have seen with them. i talked to a local cop about them and he said i would be covered if a cop tried to bust my balls. so im going with it.

im sending my tails off next week and i have the line of fire now. i like it. its pretty bright. i actually just ordered the one with the reverse lights , so im going to change it out and give my old one to my buddy.

here is a pic of mine now before tinted tails.

IMG_0130.jpg

i'm not a fan of those led strips. can u post a pic of ur tails in the light for better opinion?

do you mean pics of the lights on in the daylight, or just pics of my taillights. pics in sig

edit: ohh i see, you were talking to scorpioss.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

I should be getting my tails back this week after having them painted to match my truck and I may have to go with Fire and Ice myself. I also thought they looked kinda cheap but after seeing them on Pimp SS's truck they look pretty good even in the day light.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

is there a way to wire them up so that they only light up when the brakes are applied or blinkers turned on? I think i'd like them if they weren't always Luminated so they'd stay hidden.

here is a couple pics with my wife stepping on the brakes. im sending this one back andhaving it replaced because of a couple burnt out bulbs.

its a real crappy day here. ill get better pics when its sunny. hope these help.

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg