LS2 in Silverado

Hello, I'm new to this forum because i just bought a 2007 Silverado classic WT V6 :yellow_loser: . (yeah it sucks) but i got it cheap with 5 miles for $19,850 w/ tax and everything. Anyways, I am buying the complete SS conversion kit from Cali on this forum and getting that done as soon as i get it. I was also thinking to change the sluggish V6. My Uncle has a LS2 that come off of his 2006 Corvette and i was wondering maybe i could put it in the silverado. What i wanted to know is your feedback, opinion, knowledge, and what exaclty i would need to do this conversion. I know i would need a computer, wiring, and tranny, but what else?

Edited by GraystoneSS (see edit history)

you will need a harness, and most importantly you will most likely have to change the motor mounts on the truck. this will not be fun. the only real similarity between the LQ9 and LS2 is the bore and stroke (same rotating assymbly). the heads and the cam are both different, as well as the intake and exhaust manifolds. and cant forget the iron and aluminum block difference lol

• 2 weeks later...

would i have to get any specific headers, exhaust pipes for this conversion. Also, the computer would have to be a tunable stand alone, correct. and will the tranny mounts fit the silverado? In addition, do you guys now any shops down in miami or south florida that can help with the complete make over.

would i have to get any specific headers, exhaust pipes for this conversion. Also, the computer would have to be a tunable stand alone, correct. and will the tranny mounts fit the silverado? In addition, do you guys now any shops down in miami or south florida that can help with the complete make over.

Short answer - you will have to do a fair bit of scrounging, but I am sure everything you need can be scavenged off of parts vehicles. You are going to definitely need the entire engine control harness & PCM from a donor vehicle and I don't know what cross reference to suggest on that, it will be your toughest parts issue IMO. A large unknown is the tranny - is your truck stick or auto? do you want to use a 4L60-65-70, or a 4L80, or the new 6-speed auto, or T56? This will have a big consequence in your engine/tranny harness. Another issue = proper radiator & fans. and expect to do a custom exhaust.

You're going to want to buddy-up with Quik and KelleyPerformance, Quik has a good knowledge of GM parts interchange, and Kelley Performance likewise and he's located in your area.

I hope you do it with a T56, that would be bad ass :driving: Even with a free motor you're going to be spending another 8-10 grand easy and you'll only improve the value of the truck by a few grand at most - just know it'll be a labor of love on your part!

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I'm new to this forum because i just bought a 2007 Silverado classic WT V6 :yellow_loser: . (yeah it sucks) but i got it cheap with 5 miles for $19,850 w/ tax and everything. Anyways, I am buying the complete SS conversion kit from Cali on this forum and getting that done as soon as i get it. I was also thinking to change the sluggish V6. My Uncle has a LS2 that come off of his 2006 Corvette and i was wondering maybe i could put it in the silverado. What i wanted to know is your feedback, opinion, knowledge, and what exaclty i would need to do this conversion. I know i would need a computer, wiring, and tranny, but what else?

Hi ......... :thumbs:

A typical harness for the swap you are asking about is $1100. That would be a completely new harness built for your swap to plug and play, No splicing.

Dubai

currentperformance.com